Remote Sales and Use Tax Coordinator
Company: Nesco Resource
Posted on: November 22, 2021
JOB SUMMARY: Work closely with sales tax registration and
maintenance within the appropriate states and jurisdictions.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: Manage and maintain tax system
- Avalara CertCapture - exemption certificates
- Support the Divisions by uploading, validating, renewal and
audit of customer exemption certificates.
- Avalara Avatax --- Sales and use tax filing and reporting.
- Review all customer orders to confirm taxation.
- Act as a resource for sales tax audits and filing for sales tax
overpayments within the appropriate states and jurisdictions.
- Performs monthly reconciliation processes, internal audit
requests, sales tax audit information requests and sales tax return
- Perform research with respect to sales and use tax notices and
respond as needed.
- Partner with Sr Tax accountant and Tax Compliance Manager to
align on overall strategy and compliance
- Prepare dashboards, management reporting and other duties as
assigned by management.
- Monthly reconciliation of tax g/l liabilities between ERP Infor
and Avalara software.
- Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time
position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday,
08:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Overtime and extended hours may be
necessary based on department needs. Job Requirements:
- Associates Degree in Finance/Accounting - Preferred but not
- Strong in-depth understanding of Accounting and Taxation
principles in order to analyze financial information and prepare
various tax filings.
- 2+years in business finance and/or related experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel; using formulas and
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to react quickly to
resolve issues and providing solutions
- Ability to stay focused on tasks, particularly while managing
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with others
toward mutual objectives and ability to influence across cross
- Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed
to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties
or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice. Nesco Resource and affiliates (Lehigh G.I.T Inc,
and Callos Resource, LLC) is an equal employment opportunity
employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally
protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
Keywords: Nesco Resource, Lexington , Remote Sales and Use Tax Coordinator, Accounting, Auditing , Paris, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!