Sr Consultant-Finance (REMOTE)
Company: Windstream Communications
Posted on: June 25, 2022
THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION
About the Role:
As the Sr. Consultant for Engineering and Construction you will use
your in-depth knowledge of Telecom Engineering and Outside Plant
Construction to develop new reporting strategies designed to drive
efficiencies in Kinetic's Engineering and Construction
organization. This role requires excellent attention to detail to
identify opportunities for improving and optimizing OSP
construction. This position demands a self-starter who is
comfortable engaging business partners across the organization to
achieve goals and working across functional groups.
This is an opportunity to be involved in building the future of
Responsibilities in the role include:
- Work with the Business Intelligence team to develop new
reporting designed to drive efficiencies in Kinetic's Engineering
and Construction organization. Involved in developing, modifying,
and executing on required reporting.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives and
- Requires the ability to change the thinking of or gain
acceptance from others without damage to the relationship.
- Communicate to senior level management within the Company by
providing timely and effective communications and reports.
- Monitor and analyze construction and engineering labor
productivity and provide recommended improvements to
- Monitor and analyze the productivity of construction equipment
and provide recommended improvements to management.
- Work with other Leaders within Planning, Sales, Procurement,
Finance, and Local Operations.
- Provide support to Corporate Finance team in developing the
budget for Construction and Engineering.
- Produce frequent headcount reporting to help management with
- Work with Corporate Finance team to track cost saving
initiatives within the operations teams and provide updates to
- Perform monthly variance analysis against KPI targets and
present to management.
- Assist in the management of Kinetic's strategic fiber expansion
- Perform ad hoc analysis as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
Do You Have?
- Change management skills working in a large multi-departmental
- In-depth knowledge of Telecom Engineering and Outside Plant
- Knowledge of engineering and construction principles and
- Experience deescalating issues and gaining agreement.
- Ability to develop, facilitate and adapt presentations with a
skillful approach to breaking down concepts and tasks into
- Experience improving organizational effectiveness, optimizing
processes, and executing on strategic goals.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to plan and organize workloads and work within
- Strong leadership skills required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience with SQL queries and tableau reporting, or similar
reporting platforms required.
- Ability to travel at least 25% of the time and work flexible
- College degree with a focus in Finance, Accounting, or
Economics desired, and 6+ years professional level related
experience; or non-business college degree and an MBA, and 6+ years
professional level related experience; or an equivalent combination
of education and professional level related experience.
- Construction Management experience
- Knowledge of OSHA and EPA standards
College degree and 8+ years professional level experience with 3-4
years supervisory experience; or 12+ years professional level
related experience with 3-4 years supervisory experience; or an
equivalent combination of education and professional level related
Job RequirementsDesired Qualifications: College degree and 8 years
professional level experience with 3-4 years supervisory
experience; or 12 years professional level related experience with
3-4 years supervisory experience; or an equivalent combination of
education and professional level related experience desired.
EEO Statement: Windstream is an equal opportunity employer. At
Windstream, we celebrate the authenticity and uniqueness of our
people and their ideas. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected
veteran status, current military status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, citizenship
status, or any other status protected by law, and to give full
consideration to qualified disabled individuals and protected
veterans. The diverse voices of our employees fuel our innovation
and our inclusive culture. Employment at Windstream is subject to
post offer, pre-employment drug testing.
Keywords: Windstream Communications, Lexington , Sr Consultant-Finance (REMOTE), Accounting, Auditing , Lexington, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!