Company: Nicholas Financial
Posted on: August 5, 2022
The Account Resolution Specialist is responsible for contacting
customers who are delinquent in their payment schedule to negotiate
a payment plan. - Represents NFI in Bankruptcy and/or Small Claims
Courts as necessary. - -Duties & Responsibilities
- Initiates communication with customers (both on the phone and
one-on-one) to negotiate a payment plan for past-due loans and
resolve delinquent accounts. - Places notes in NFI system regarding
payment dates, etc. -
- Works closely with the Corporate Account Resolution Specialist
for uncollectible cases, Chapters 13 and 7 Bankruptcies,
reaffirmations, repossession, etc.
- Represents NFI in Bankruptcy Court with the assistance and
direction of the Manager of Corporate Compliance.
- Maintains compliance with industry regulations to include the
Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), Dodd-Frank Act, and
other federal and state regulations.
- Adheres to corporate collection policies and delinquency
standards (refer to the Policies & Procedures Manual for
- Maintains ability to effectively utilize the NFI computer
system, credit bureau, office equipment, etc. - Utilizes necessary
software to maintain and report data as needed.
- Prepares routine, non-technical correspondence: - collection
- Maintain file system on all notices, memorandum, and
- Conducts skip trace work as appropriate to locate delinquent
customers, location of vehicles for repossession, etc.
- As applicable, assists with ordering and maintaining supplies.
- As required, assists with the general housekeeping of the
- Performs other related job duties/special projects as assigned.
- Problem Solving Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops
alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving
situations; uses reason when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service (internal and external); manages difficult or
emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs;
responds to request for service and assistance; meets commitments;
solicits feedback to improve service.
- Oral Communication (one-on-one and telephone); speaks clearly
and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and
gets clarification; responds well to question; participates in
- Ethics Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires
the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically upholds
- Attendance/Punctuality Is consistently at work on time; ensures
work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings
and appointments on time.
- Dependability Follows instructions, responds to management
direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments;
commits to long hours of work when necessary (nights and/or
weekends) to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies
appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development
activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent
actions and calculated risks; asks for help and offers help when
- Mathematical Skills Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and
divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions, and decimals.Qualifications
- Education and/or Experience High School Diploma or equivalent;
plus 1-2 years experience in a collection/bankruptcy environment;
or equivalent combination of education and experience. - -
- Other Qualifications Must maintain a valid drivers license to
conduct field calls.
- Computer Skills Ability to prepare letters/reports/etc/ using
Microsoft Office Products, NFI software and related systems.
- Training: Must be able to pass all of the prerequisite
educational classes initially and on a periodic basis as determined
by the company policy in place
- Language Skills Ability to read and comprehend simple
instructions, short correspondence, and memos; ability to read and
comprehend basic governmental regulations regarding collections and
bankruptcy; ability to effectively present information and respond
to questions in one-on-one and small group presentations to
customers or employees.EOE
Keywords: Nicholas Financial, Lexington , Collections Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Lexington, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!