Associate Accountant, Global Financial Reporting
Company: Tempur Sealy
Posted on: April 17, 2019
Tempur Sealy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based upon race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.
Global Financial Reporting (GFR) Associate Accountants are
responsible for assisting the department with meeting objectives
related to corporate entity accounting, global financial
consolidation and accounting, and U.S. Securities Exchange
Commission (SEC) reporting. This role requires a solid foundation
in US GAAP accounting, so a bachelor's degree in Accounting and a
desire to obtain your CPA license is required. The successful
candidate will have an ability to thrive in an environment of rapid
change; work effectively within cross-functional teams; be highly
resourceful; able to deliver strong results; have a passion for
operational excellence, and possess a strong set of communication
and analytical skills.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, and Key Results Area:
- Support monthly and quarterly financial close and reporting
processes to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Prepare journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations
to support the monthly financial close and reporting process.
- Assist with the analysis of financial information detailing
assets, liabilities, and capital, and assist in preparing the
balance sheet, income statement, cash flow statement and other
- Assist in researching and resolving variances to prior forecasts
and budgets for corporate entities and global subsidiaries.
- Support the maintenance of a complete system of financial close
and reporting documentation, both electronic and hard copy, to
ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley.
- Build relationships with local country controllers to understand
subsidiary operations and facilitate the collection of financial
information as required to support global consolidation and SEC
- Assist with completion of quarterly Forms 10-Q and annual Form
10-K as required of public companies by the SEC.
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly review and annual audit
schedules as requested by management to support the external audit
- Assist with the collection of information for internal and
external control testing in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley.
- Participate in special projects and complete other duties as
assigned by the Manager of GFR.
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned. Management
reserves the right to assign or reassign other appropriate duties
to this job at any time. This document excludes the marginal
functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of
fundamental job duties.
Ideal Candidate Possesses These Attributes:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate
the following competencies and skills:
- Communication: Speaks clearly and effectively, is thoughtful and
persuasive; writes clearly and informatively; varies communication
style to meet the needs of the audience
- Analytical: Synthesizes complex or diverse information,
originating from internal processes or subsidiary information
- Knowledge: Possesses technical knowledge required to do the
- Judgment: Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; can clearly
explain reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in
decision-making process; demonstrates persistence and overcomes
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner, works with others to solve complex problems
- Customer Service: Ability to work comfortably with a diverse
population of internal and external customers
- Professionalism: Reacts well under pressure; treats others with
respect and consideration; follows through on commitments
- Dependability: Completes tasks on time; takes responsibility for
own actions; can be relied upon
- Interpersonal Skills: Maintains robust working relationships and
confidentiality in all matters
- Individuals should be: career-minded, self-starters, organized
thinkers and high performers. A bachelor's degree in Accounting is
required, with preference given to those who maintained GPAs above
3.5. MBA, CPA or CPA candidate is preferred.
To perform this job successfully, the employee must be capable of
performing each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
The requirements herein are the minimum levels of knowledge,
skills, and/or abilities required.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements: Fast-paced corporate office
environment. Some stress may occur. Flexibility to travel maybe
The work environment and physical demands characteristics are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential duties, responsibilities, and key results of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential duties, responsibilities, and
key results outlined herein..
Keywords: Tempur Sealy, Lexington , Associate Accountant, Global Financial Reporting, Accounting, Auditing , Lexington, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!