Senior Accountant, Financial Reporting
Company: Tempur Sealy
Posted on: December 8, 2018
Tempur Sealy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based upon race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Job Summary: The Senior Accountant, Financial Reporting applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by performing the below duties. This function requires well developed skills in accounting, business analysis, and process improvement. The successful candidate will have an ability to thrive in an environment of rapid change; work effectively within cross-functional teams; will be highly resourceful; able to deliver strong results; have a passion for operational excellence, and possess a strong set of communication and analytical skills. Essential Duties, Responsibilities, and Key Results Area:
- Assist in leading the close reporting process ensuring all financial deadlines are met. Manage the preparation of monthly journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and assist in preparing the balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position for other managers.
- Maintain a complete system for Financial Reporting which provides consistent, reliable, and timely information to management for decision-making and which is flexible and dynamic enough to evolve with changing business needs.
- Make recommendations regarding the accounting of reserves, assets, and expenditures.
- Integrate into the sales accounting, communication, and education process.
- Implement, monitor and enhance accounting procedures and internal controls.
- Partner with the Financial Planning and Analysis team to provide financial analysis in support of forecasting and strategic initiatives.
- Coordinate cross-functionally with other departments on business objectives.
- Assist in directing, training, and overseeing the development of Accountants and Interns, when applicable.
- Prepare and review documentation to assist internal and external auditors.
- Support management through ad-hoc reporting, analysis and special projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned. Other primary duties and responsibilities include the following; however, Management reserves the right to assign or reassign other appropriate duties to this job at any time. This document excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties.
Keywords: Tempur Sealy, Lexington , Senior Accountant, Financial Reporting, Advertising , Lexington, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!