Accountant, Financial Reporting
Company: Tempur Sealy
Posted on: December 8, 2018
Job Summary: The Financial Reporting Accountant will apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports by performing the following essential duties. Essential Duties, Responsibilities, and Key Results Area:
- Compile and analyze financial information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts while documenting business transactions.
- Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital, and assist in preparing the balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position for other managers.
- Make recommendations regarding the accounting of reserves, assets, and expenditures.
- Collect and analyze records of present and past operations, trends and costs, estimated and realized revenues, administrative commitments, and obligations incurred to project future revenues and expenses.
- Read and interpret customer incentive contracts to establish and issue customer incentive payments.
- Perform analysis and inter-department communications around incentive accruals and inquiries.
- Identify ways to develop and implement best practices to improve existing processes, accuracy of accrual and payment calculations and reduce errors and inquiries.
- Perform account reconciliations.
- Maintain monthly reporting binder.
- Ensure all financial deadlines are met.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Prepare documentation to assist internal and external auditors.
- Provide support on ad-hoc requests and related special projects, as required.
- Other duties as assigned. Other primary duties and responsibilities include the following; however, Management reserves the right to assign or reassign other appropriate duties to this job at any time. This document excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties.Tempur Sealy is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type based upon race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Tempur Sealy, Lexington , Accountant, Financial Reporting, Advertising , Lexington, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!