Engineer II (Remote)
Company: Windstream Communications
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Engineer II (Remote)Position Overview:The Windstream Engineering
Optimization Group, (EOG), Groom Project Specialist, (I/II/III/Sr)
is responsible for all facets of optimization project circuit
installations, grooms and disconnects in support of all Windstream
Engineering organizations optimization projects. This requires
coordinating all aspects of the grooming action, from single to
multiple circuits, from equipment decommissions to site
decommissions. The EOG Groom Project Specialist will be the single
point of contact throughout the entire grooming action as it
relates to circuit(s) groom activity involved in an overall project
and requires working with Windstream Field Operations, NOC, and
repair center Technicians, as well as Circuit Design Engineers and
others, both inside and outside the company.Responsibilities:
- Working in conjunction with other Windstream Engineering
departments to ensure all circuits and associated equipment
necessary to facilitate project completion is identified and in
- Proficiently coordinate the grooming actions assigned.
- Manage escalation activities efficiently and effectively;
assists others as needed.
- Routinely participates in special project meetings related to
team support and improving processes.
- Coordinate with various groups (Inside and Outside of our
- Keep all appropriate personnel apprised of job status, shifts
in priorities, existing or perceived problems and/or deviations
- Identify, suggest and implement preventative/corrective actions
to improve quality of the overall groom process.
- Demonstrating uncompromised integrity by acting and
communicating openly, honestly and fairly in everything done,
following the Windstream Core Values & Beliefs as a
guide.Additional responsibilities may be defined as required;
special projects.Required Skills / Abilities & Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Flexibility to work varied shifts to provide support to your
team on an as needed basis, based upon customers business
- Must be flexible to work over-time and weekends
- Proven ability to multi-task utilizing time management and work
- Highly organized and strict attention to details.
- Self-disciplined; self-starter.
- Strong individual worker with ability to also work as part of a
- Ability to learn new processes quickly.
- Able to handle high stress in a professional manner.
- Great positive attitude. Be outgoing, engaging, proactive and
- Must be flexible in work hours
- Project Coordination skills preferred.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.Desired advanced skills
- Good working knowledge and testing experience with all facets
of digital circuit platforms including but not limited to TDM, IP,
- TDM, (DS0 - DS3),
- Digital Cross connect Systems, (DCS), (1x0, 3x1, 3x0)
- Voice switch platforms circuit installations and maintenance,
(DMS, 5E, Meta, Sonus, etc)
- Interfaces / configuration in Juniper/Cisco edge routers
- L2/L3 VPN configuration
- Copper-over-Ethernet customer configuration
- Working knowledge and experience in Design Layout Records (DLR)
and Circuit Layout Reports (CLR).
- Good working knowledge / abilities in MSS, ASAP and other
circuit and equipment inventory systems.
- Working knowledge of Network protocols such as ATM, Ethernet,
- Working knowledge of Voice protocols such as CAS, ISDN, SS7 and
- Working knowledge of Voice features such as Call forwarding,
Voice mail and Hunting.
- Working knowledge of networking WAN/LAN topology
- Familiarity with DWDM, passive and active systems
- Working knowledge of Ciena, Cisco, Infinera, Accedian Metronode
/Metronid, Juniper equipment preferred.
- Associate Degree in a technical discipline and 4-6 years
technical/telephony experience with 4 years directly related to the
job; or 7 years of directly related telephony or network operations
experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and
directly related experience required.IND123
EEO Statement: Windstream is an equal opportunity employer. At
Windstream, we celebrate the authenticity and uniqueness of our
people and their ideas. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, protected
veteran status, current military status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, citizenship
status, or any other status protected by law, and to give full
consideration to qualified disabled individuals and protected
veterans. The diverse voices of our employees fuel our innovation
and our inclusive culture. Employment at Windstream is subject to
post offer, pre-employment drug testing.
Keywords: Windstream Communications, Lexington , Engineer II (Remote), Engineering , Lexington, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!