Posted on: March 17, 2023
Develop, maintain and improve automation control systems integral
to the production process of the manufacture and assembly of
automotive seating, JIT or automotive experience is highly
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the maintenance department by assisting in the
troubleshooting of equipment issues, which includes troubleshooting
PLC ladder logic and data handling functions in Control Logix
- Maintain PLC documentation upon receipt from equipment
suppliers and an archive of PLC programs and machine controls
drawings in an electronic and/or paper format and throughout
- Maintain, troubleshoot, repair and improve automated equipment
including devices, I/O, instruments and all other components
associate with automated processes to meet production and safety
- Support various I/O devices connected to PLC's including HMI's,
scanners, remote I/O, sensors, relays, solenoids, servo drives,
etc., and support/assist maintenance personnel in troubleshooting
- Improve equipment uptime and contribute to Plant reliability
- Schedule and complete backups of all electronic machine control
and robotic programs on set schedule and develop and maintain
Preventive Maintenance Programs.
- Ability to diagnose problems with hydraulic, pneumatic and
mechanical systems interfacing with electrical and electronic
- Applies knowledge of electronic and instrumentation principles
to determine equipment malfunctions and applies skills in restoring
equipment to operation.
- Implement and maintain data collection system from Plant floor
- Ability to engineer and implement error-proofing systems
throughout the production process.
- Part of multi-disciplinary Plant Team to determine continuous
- Identify and plan for process impact(s) as a result of
engineering and launch changes.
- Participate in 8D or similar root-cause based problem solving
tasks to ensure that abnormalities, when observed, are acted upon
to resolve root-causes.
- Contribute to specifications for equipment purchases, which
include review and commentary on equipment controls drawings prior
to build approval.
- Complete all required and applicable training required by
Adient and its customers.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are
the only duties to be performed by this employee. The employee is
expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective
operation of the department.
Education / Experience / Skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in electrical
engineering or related field Qualifications
- Previous experience working as a Controls Engineer in a
- Experience using Allen Bradley's RS Logix 5000, ControlLogix
and PanelView development software is a must.
- 2nd: 4:00 pm - 12:30 am - 1:00 am
Keywords: Adient, Lexington , Controls Engineer, Engineering , Georgetown, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...