Mechanic - Night Shift / Weekend Shift
Company: R.C. Bigelow Tea
Posted on: November 15, 2018
Mechanic - Night Shift : Mon. - Wed. 7:30 pm - 6:30 am, Thur. 7:30 pm - 6:00 am (4 Day Work Week) Mechanic - Weekend Shift : Fri. - Sun. 6:00 am - 6:30 pm (3 Day Work Week) SUMMARY: Conduct machine setup, repairs, troubleshoot, preventive maintenance service, monitor, maintain, modify and changeover production line equipment ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Prepares and sets up machinery for scheduled production runs.
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service in accordance with the R.C. Bigelow Progressive Maintenance Program.
- Performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic trouble shooting and repair of packaging and production machinery.
- Performs scheduled preventive maintenance on machines and equipment.
- Complete all preventive maintenance reports and log entries on condition of machines.
- Ensure that all production and packaging equipment produce product within established Q.A. standards and conduct all assigned quality monitoring functions
- Follow R.C. Bigelow's Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's).
- Comply with RC Bigelow Safety and Health Rules.
- Operates production equipment and support equipment as necessary to support production demands.
- Utilizes EAM or other CMMS system to control parts used, and to generate work orders and preventative maintenance accurately.
- Document maintenance actions in EAM or other system as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed. QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Previous experience or demonstrated aptitude in packaging line mechanical equipment repair or equivalent combination of training and experience in a related field. LANGUAGE SKILLS: Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively relate necessary information to applicable personnel. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, divides in all units of measure and common measuring tools. REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Keywords: R.C. Bigelow Tea, Lexington , Mechanic - Night Shift / Weekend Shift, Engineering , Louisville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!