Posted on: November 19, 2021
DescriptionAbout the Role: The Manager of Outside Plant
Engineering manages vital team members who represent our leading
telecommunications brand that connects homeowners, small business,
enterprise and carrier partners across the United States. The
Manager and their team care about technology and connecting
customers to products they value. The Manager and their team will
create meaningful connections with customers that create long-term
relationships. What You'll Do:
- Provide direction to employees concerning outside plant
installation and/or maintenance activities.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data
requires evaluation of a variety of factors.
- Exercises sound judgement in selecting engineering techniques
for obtaining solutions.
- Responsible for planning, analysis, recommendations, work
guidance or deviations in support of new construction of outside
plant network structures and facilities. Including fiber to the
premise (FTTP) and any new technology requirements.
- Construction activities may be related to new facilities or
modification of existing facilities.
- Oversees the wireline engineering and construction projects to
ensure projects are complete and within budget.
- Primary contact for problem resolution.
- Provides direction to employees according to established
policies and management guidelines.
- Will report to the Staff Manager Do You Have?
- Ability to apply broad knowledge of a variety of vendor
- Ability to apply broad knowledge of outside plant and outside
plant electronics disciplines.
- Ability to lead a group of individual contributors in order to
accomplish the goals of the department.
- Candid and authentic communication style
- Ability to effectively lead and provide managerial insight and
direction to a technically oriented workforce dealing with multiple
projects driven by diverse customer needs
- College Degree and 5-7 years of experience with 2 years
supervisory experience. Even Better:
- Ability to coordinate multiple diverse projects while
maintaining budgetary emphasis.
- Familiarity with PC and software to include CAD and Microsoft
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Plans
- Identify Theft, Legal, Auto & Home and Pet Insurance
- 401K Plan
- Health & Flexible Savings Account
- Life and AD&D, Spousal Life, Child Life Insurance
- Educational Assistance Plan About US: Windstream Holdings, Inc.
is a leading provider of advance network communications and
technology solutions for consumers, small businesses, enterprise
organizations and carrier partners across the
U.SQualificationsMinimum Requirements: College degree and 5-7 years
experience with 0-2 years supervisory experience desired or 9 years
equivalent related Engineering/Technical experience with 0-2 years
supervisory or a combination of education and related
Engineering/Technical experience required.Job Category:
EngineeringLocations: US-Kentucky-LexingtonEEO Statement:Windstream
is an equal opportunity employer. At Windstream, we celebrate the
authenticity and uniqueness of our people and their ideas. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin,
genetic information, protected veteran status, current military
status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, creed, citizenship status, or any other status protected by
law, and to give full consideration to qualified disabled
individuals and protected veterans. The diverse voices of our
employees fuel our innovation and our inclusive culture. Employment
at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug
Keywords: Windstream, Lexington , Manager-OSP Engineering, Executive , Lexington, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!