Property Manager (Residential)- Lexington, KY
Company: Westminster Management
Posted on: November 22, 2021
We are seeking a Property Manager to Join out Team!At
Westminster, we pride ourselves on our four core values: Be Caring,
Be Best in Class, Be Solution-Oriented, and Be Accountable. Our
values represent what we strive to achieve every day. Every
decision we have to make is guided by the "4 Be's". Our team
exemplifies what it means to live out these core values in our
offices and at our communities day in and day out. Each new day is
a learning experience at Westminster, whether it is the knowledge
we bring, gain, or share during our journey together. Our team
members are set up to aim beyond, achieve the utmost success, and
for endless possibilities for growth.JOB SUMMARYThis position is
responsible for the day-to-day operations of a portfolio of
commercial and residential properties . Responsibilities include
overseeing all staff in the performance of maintenance, leasing,
tenant relations and financial reporting functions. This position
reports directly to the Regional Manager. Responsibilities include
but, are not limited to:RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the properties for which responsible in the most
efficient and profitable manner possible, given existing marketing
conditions, as well as creating the greatest possible satisfaction
and well-being of all other individuals associated with the
property, both employees and residents, consistent with the goals
and objectives of the company and owner.
- Achieve the highest possible net operating income through the
implementation of effective cost control, revenue maximization and
delinquency management program.
- Develop yearly operating budgets and sales/marketing plans.
Accurately prepare and convey all operational and financial data to
the Regional Manager in a timely manner with the assistance of
other members of the staff. Work with owners to identify property
goals and objectives. Be responsive and receptive to owners' needs,
goals and objectives, which must be clearly described in the yearly
operating budgets and sales/marketing plans.
- Work with Accounting team to analyze monthly performance and
budget projections and compare to annual management plan and
budget; adjust strategy accordingly.
- Maintain high customer service standards. Work with staff to
promptly respond to resident requests and work with residents and
staff to minimize and resolve resident problems and complaints.
Follow through to ensure issues are resolved.
- Clearly and effectively communicate with residents, other
employees, vendors, supervisors and owners in written and verbal
- Develop, write and implement a sales and marketing plan that
effectively maximizes rental income and results in high occupancy
and competitive pricing through the leasing staff and personal
- Implement or direct implementation of all policies and
procedures as outlined in the company policies and procedures
manual. Ensure compliance by employees supervised as
- Ensure that all physical aspects of the property are at all
times fully functional and in an attractive condition, and that all
vacant units are kept ready for occupancy. Inspect grounds,
building and apartment units on a regular basis. These functions
must be consistent with the goals and objectives of the property
- Identify and implement creative programs to increase the
property's value and improve services to residents.
- Understand, analyze and evaluate monthly financial statements
and write the property owner's report in a clear, concise
- Adhere to the company's safety programs, policies and
procedures. Promote safe work practices among on-site staff
consistent with policies in the WMM Safety Manual.
- Ensure all required weekly, monthly and quarterly reports are
completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Understand the computer functions and management software
package and ensure all required staff is properly trained to
perform their computer duties. Operate the computer as
- Train and motivate staff to lease apartments by showing the
models and/or available units and aggressively sell the products
and services of the property to which they are assigned.
- Be able, as necessary, to deliver resident gifts, inspect units
on a move-in day to ensure units are ready and assist with planning
and hosting of resident functions.
- Manage the property lease renewal program. Maximize resident
renewals. It is a goal of the Property Manager to have no month-to
- Maintain thorough product knowledge of own property and that of
major competition through site visits and tours as well as
telephone surveys. Prepare marketing data reports as required.
- As necessary, prepare all lease related paperwork in an
accurate and timely manner. Be able to explain all lease documents
to new and existing residents. Ensure all documents are completed
prior to resident move-in.
- Follow established policy and procedures in the qualification,
screening and acceptance of applicants for residency.
- Identify and analyze problems and potential problems. Develop
and implement decisions that help the property achieve the owner's
objectives and that are consistent with management company's
policies and procedures.
- Plan and organize present and forecast workloads.
- Effectively disseminate all information and instructions
necessary for others, including supervisors, peers and subordinates
to do their work. Advise employees on a regular basis how they are
performing their specific job.
- Be observant for any problem that could be a hazard or
potentially dangerous situation for residents, staff, guests and
the public. This includes condition of pool gates, fencing,
lighting, trip hazards, etc.
- This individual has authorities to authorize, purchase and
approve invoices within the corporate guidelines.Pre-Requisites
- Requires a high school education or equivalent.
- Requires minimum of five years previous experience in property
management or related field.
- Previous experience on Class A+ property dealing with both
residential, commercial and retail spaces and tenants alike.
- Requires the ability to read, write and speak English fluently
and excellent communication skills.
- Requires the ability to accurately perform advanced business
mathematical functions such as calculation of percentage and ratios
and the ability to understand and perform all on-site management
- Requires strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Requires strong time management skills and the ability to
- Requires professional appearance and demeanor.
- Requires good understanding of sales and marketing concepts and
the ability to develop, implement and evaluate market plans.
- Requires knowledge of on-site maintenance requirements
including dealing with vendors and contractors.
- Requires the ability to accurately perform advanced business
- Requires the ability to operate and understand personal
computer functions and management software packages.
- Requires high level of self-control under difficult or
- Requires the ability to drive without jeopardizing the safety
of the prospects, residents, fellow employees or the general
- Requires the ability to answer telephones courteously and
clearly, and respond to inquiries with correct information.WE ARE
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER & EQUAL HOUSING PROVIDERJob Type:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availabilitySupplemental Pay:
- Bonus payAbility to commute/relocate:
- Lexington, KY 40509: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Preferred)Education:
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)Experience:
- Property Management: 3 years (Required)
- Supervising: 3 years (Required)
- Customer service: 2 years (Preferred)
- sales: 2 years (Preferred)License/Certification:
- Driver's License (Required)Work Location: One location
Keywords: Westminster Management, Lexington , Property Manager (Residential)- Lexington, KY, Executive , Lexington, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!