Business Office Manager
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Posted on: September 13, 2019
OverviewSCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry,
strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health
systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical
facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities,
including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in
partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more
information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.?Facility
Description:The Lexington Surgery Center is a free-standing
multi-specialty outpatient surgical facility with 6 OR?s and 2
procedure rooms performing approximately 7000 cases per year and
rising.? We have served the Lexington and surrounding area since
1983. Providing high quality, compassionate care to both adult and
pediatric patients is our specialty. ? We are deeply committed to
our Values of Clinical Quality, Teamwork, Accountability,
Integrity, Service Excellence, and Continuous Improvement. We are
focused and driven to a high level of Teammate Engagement and
Physician Satisfaction.?Accountabilities / ResponsibilitiesProvide
support to the facility by performing specific or various business
office functions as assigned. These functions are to include (but
not limited to):? Medical Records, Credentialing,
Admissions/Intake, Accounts Payable, Billing, Collections,
Insurance Verification, Transaction, Posting, Clinical Logs and
other duties as assigned.??Position Reports to:
Administrator?Position Supervises: All Business Office
Personnel?Degree of Supervision Provided to Position:?Minimal and
according to management guidance, must be self-directed and able to
work independently.??Education, Experience, and
Licensure:?Bachelor?s degree in related field and 5 years related
experience required. Basic accounting procedures with some
accounting background in a medically-related environment,
Supervisory experience, extensive experience in accounts receivable
and accounts payable. Medical terminology knowledge required.
Computer experience, Excel, Word, Medical Billing Software and
Applications.? Good communication skills and phone
etiquette.?Internal Relationships (Works Closely With):??As a
representative of Surgical Care Affiliates, all comments,
attitudes, actions, and behaviors have a direct effect on the
Facility?s image and perceptions of quality service. Interaction
with patients, families, physicians, referral sources, affiliating
schools, visitors, volunteers, co-workers, supervisors, vendors,
etc. must be in a manner that is friendly, supportive, courteous,
respectful, cooperative, and professional. This behavior should
promote an atmosphere of teamwork, which is congruent with Facility
standards and guidelines to promote positive
relationsQualificationsSkills and Abilities:?
- Is responsible for direct supervision of non-medical personnel,
including orientation and evaluation
- Is responsible for human resource procedures for all Surgery
- Ensures that administrative and accounting procedures are
carried out timely and accurately.
- Responsible for office supplies and equipment.?
- Responsible for purchase orders, petty cash and accounts
- Completes employee medical records and personnel records.
- Works accounts receivable as needed and follows up on all
accounts, individually as well as accounts with insurance
- Determines accounts to be placed for collections.
- Acts as liaison with insurance companies
- Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of all
financial statements for submission.?
- Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of payroll
and forward to corporate for processing.
- Coordinate the Business Office so that the operation is most
efficient for all concerned.
- Works closely with Clinical Director so that the flow of the
overall operation is most efficient, reporting all activities to
- Works closely with the Administrator to promote the utilization
of the Surgery Center.?
- Responsible for the accurate interpretation and implementation
of the terms of contracts with all third party payers.?
- Answers telephone as needed.?
- Demonstrates competency in performing job task and in operating
equipment on an annual basis
- Demonstrates appropriate awareness of age specific development
needs the population served as it is related to the performance of
- Utilizes time effectively
- Maintains accounts payable
- Performs other miscellaneous secretarial duties as needed.
- Performs all other duties assigned by supervisor.Clinical
- Communicates patient information to assure confidentiality and
continuity of care
- Documents all patient information according to established
standards of care, policies and procedures
- Discusses patient information with other health team members in
an appropriate environment
- Interacts with all patients, families, visitors and fellow
employees in a mature, responsible manner to ensure a positive and
professional facility environment
- Displays a caring and responsive attitude and conducts all
activities respecting patient, family and employee rights and
- Maintains confidentiality of all facility and patient
information as required by facility policy
- Considers age specific needs in
- Utilizes time effectively.
- Follows established facility policies and procedures with
regard to attendance.
- Maintains attendance according to guidelines and policy
established by facility.
- Adheres to tardiness policy.
- Provides notification for unscheduled absences or tardiness in
accordance with established departmental procedures as noted by
- Requests scheduled time off according to procedure as noted by
- Completes all documentation to ensure the availability of
accurate and up to date information in accordance with established
- Adheres to established facility safety requirements and
procedures to ensure a safe working environment.
- Demonstrates to competent usage of proper body mechanics in all
- Identifies potentially unsafe situations and notifies
- Completes all Teammate/patient event and Variance documentation
in a thorough and timely manner, as required by policy.
- Demonstrates complete understanding of established emergency
procedures for facility.
- Practices infection control, standard precautions and universal
precautions as instructed or trained.
- Maintains work area and equipment in a neat, organized
- Completes appropriate financial management
- Provides input re: equipment needs/supply needs.
- Completes patient charges in accordance with facility procedure
and per facility policy.
- Demonstrates sound cost containment techniques.
- Assists with housekeeping tasks as necessary to provide a safe
environment for patient?s, teammates, physicians, guests.?
- Upholds and practices the principles and policies of the SCA
- Performs all other duties as assigned by management.Continuous
- Attends staff meetings and demonstrates review of minutes for
any meetings missed.
- Participates in scheduled performance appraisals and
demonstrates dedication to ongoing performance improvement.Service
- Fosters a positive and professional facility environment by
interacting with all persons in a considerate, helpful and
courteous manner and by participating as a team member?
- Diffuses/resolves conflict by appropriately communicating with
- Accepts constructive criticism and gives suggestions in a
- Considers age specific needs in communication
- Maintains dress and appearance according to standards as
observed by management
- Demonstrates the safe operation of equipment and machinery and
follows procedures for reporting and correcting an unsafe
- Strives to be professional, courteous, helpful and
cooperativeProficiency or Productivity StandardsENVIRONMENTAL
CONDITIONS: Indoors in climate controlled environment. Patient care
environment with potential exposure to unpleasant odors, to blood
and body fluids which may carry infection, to infectious disease,
and to chemical and electrical hazards.?PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Ability to answer telephone; Ability to sit for long periods of
time; Ability to lift 15 lbs; Hand/finger agility necessary to
typing and computer use; Good hearing, clear/articulate speech, and
visual acuity.?MACHINES/EQUIPMENT USED: All office machines
including PC?s, Copier, Fax, Phones, 10 Key, and Postage
Meter.??Please send resumes
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, Lexington , Business Office Manager, Executive , Lexington, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!