Therapy Specialist - Lexington, KY
Company: Getinge Group
Posted on: January 16, 2020
Therapy Specialist - Kentucky
The Therapy Specialist I sells, promotes and provides strategic
account management of Getinge products and drives revenue growth in
the defined geographic territory by new account development and the
expansion of existing accounts, to meet sales quota based on the
company's sales goals. The Therapy Specialist I will be responsible
for managing all aspects of the sales process and will report to
the Regional Manager.
* Serve as a key business partner to Getinge clients in the field
and develop and maintain strong relationships.
* Sell products by scheduling sales calls to meet with current and
potential customers to fulfill revenue and unit growth objectives
assigned by company on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis.
* Develop and implements sales strategies by determining the
relevant factors (e.g., product, competition and pricing needs) of
existing and potential accounts to effectively promote the
company's products to appropriate hospital personnel and
* Develop and implement business plans (i.e., weekly, quarterly,
monthly) along with providing timely forecasting by analyzing
quarterly and monthly sales figures and reports identifying the
needs of particular accounts and discussing issues with Regional
Sales Manager to help the organization achieve its annual sales
* Determine the needs (e.g., product and pricing), goals, product
usage, and types of cases handled by specific customers by meeting
with and asking in-depth questions of physicians and other hospital
personnel to learn which GETINGE products can best address their
* Establish pricing packages by working with relevant Getinge
personnel to establish price points that address specific
customer's needs while satisfying company guidelines and
* Respond to customer needs and complaints regarding products and
service by developing creative and feasible solutions or working
with other related personnel (e.g. clinical research, pricing
and/or marketing) to develop optimal solutions.
Develop relationships with hospital personnel (e.g. through casual
conversation, meetings, participation in conferences) to make new
contacts in other departments within hospital and to identify
* purchasing decision makers in order to facilitate future
* Educate customers on the merits and proper clinical usage of
company products by giving presentations and demonstrations using a
wide variety of formats and platforms (e.g., slides,
transparencies, manuals) to secure purchasing commitments, often
with the help of incentive programs and services made available to
the account being developed.
* Observe actual procedures in the operating room of hospital
accounts to gain insight into the specific nuances of each
physician and member of the lab staff.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent sales experience in medical
* Minimum of 3 years medical device sales experience and 3+ years
of selling and/or clinical support of mechanical circulatory
systems such as pulmonary & hemodynamic support
* Demonstrated record of success or achievement in sales
* Ability to meet and exceed the assigned sales plan on an annual
* Solid understanding of specified functional area, and application
of business concepts, procedures and practices.
* Capable of managing time and resources within the assigned
territory in conjunction with near-term plans to ensure the
territory's objectives are achieved.
* Ensure compliance with governmental regulations and maintaining
honesty, integrity and excellent work ethics.
* Be able to enhance teamwork within the region and maintain a
collaborative relationship with all levels of the organization.
* Carry out operations within an established budget.
* Must have sound knowledge of a variety of alternatives and their
impact on the business, and be able to exercise judgment in
selecting innovative and practical methods to achieve problem
resolution in the assigned territory.
* Establish and cultivate an extensive network of support to
facilitate completion of assignments.
* Ability to influence middle management and external customers on
technical as well as new business solutions.
* Participate in the development of less experienced staff by
setting an examples, providing guidance and offering counsel. May
lead a project team and participate in determining goals and
objectives for projects.
* Basic to intermediate skills in Microsoft in Excel, Word and
Outlook and familiarity with CRM tools.
* Must have a valid driver's license.
* Will be required to lift up to 137 Ibs.
* The position requires travel of approximately 50% and above.
GETINGE is an equal opportunity employer M/F/Veteran/Disability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability or protected veteran status
Keywords: Getinge Group, Lexington , Therapy Specialist - Lexington, KY, Healthcare , Lexington, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!