Lab Operations and EHS Associate
Posted on: May 16, 2020
Lab Operations and EHS Associate Location Lexington, MA
Employment duration Full time ID 267 Apply Now ---We are a
dedicated group of scientists, physicians, and businesspeople
working together toward one goal: to discover and develop therapies
that can unleash the power of the body's immune system to treat and
potentially cure cancer. We are passionate about the work we do
every day at Agenus to deliver on the promise of immuno-oncology.
If you're looking for an inspired environment, passionate
colleagues, and a culture that nurtures learning, innovation and
team success, we invite you to join us. Job Title: Lab Operations
and EHS Associate Position Type: Full time Function/Team:
Facilities Managerial or Supervision Responsibilities: No Location:
Lexington, MA Travel Required: No HR/TA Contact: Job
Purpose/Summary: Lab Operations and EHS Associate is supporting
research staff, facilities, and EHS at Agenus. This person works
with Facilities, EHS, and Lab Operations team to enable researchers
to work within the lab safely, effectively, and efficiently. Global
EHS support is provided. Roles and responsibilities:
- Order and maintain detailed inventory of lab consumables,
media, and other regularly used lab supplies.
- Work with CMMS coordinator to facilitate regular maintenance
and calibration of equipment including pipette calibrations.
- Perform glass wash and sterilization to ensure those materials
are available for researchers.
- Manage lab coat orders.
- Identify and correct deficiencies noted in daily lab walk
- Provide CEMS support through Q&A, trainings, and keeping
- Maintain and assign -80 and LN2 freezer space. Ensure that
inventory records are in place for both. Coordinate annual
inventory review/cleanout with users.
- Refill PPE as needed.
- Communicate through regular attendance at group meetings.
- Lead lab exit checklists activities for offboarding
- Provide weekly New Hire trainings.
- Coordinate online safety training in CEMS per training-matrix
for all users across sites and track completion of
- Conduct routine inspections including radiation hot lab and
- Keep emergency contact list and evacuation documents current
and provide training to involved persons.
- Receive and review human tissues tracked through the Human
- Communicate with vendors to obtain information required for
Vendor Due Diligence for vendors whom we procure human source
material from (non-clinical).
- Assist with process risk assessments.
- Participate in quarterly Safety Committee meetings for
Lexington, take and publish meeting minutes.
- Promote and contribute to a culture of safety at Agenus. Other
- Enter contracts and track their progress through Agiloft,
interacts with purchasing and legal to enter and maintain PO's and
LRF's. Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- 3-5 years' experience
- Associates or Bachelor's in Safety or a Life Science related
- Knowledge of hazardous waste handling and regulations
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to lift/move up to 50 pounds
- Able to perform work assignments which may include lifting,
bending, stooping, sitting, leaning, etc. Preferred Skills:
- Strong organization and time management skills as well as the
ability to multitask.
- Able to build relationships with scientific staff of all
- Able to track and manage projects and deliverables through
completion. Competencies Needed:
- Able to work well under pressure and manage shifting priorities
to deliver with a sense of urgency.
- Must be self-motivated and able to pro-actively identify
opportunities to improve lab efficiency and safety.
- Able to listen effectively and invite response and discussion
while collaborating with individuals/groups across multiple
departments and functions to promote efficiency and a culture of
Keywords: Agenus, Lexington , Lab Operations and EHS Associate, Healthcare , Lexington, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!