Interventional Technologist Cath Lab
Company: SAINT JOSEPH HEALTH SYSTEM INC
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Overview: CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of
Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more
than 700 care sites across the U. S. , from clinics and hospitals
to home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is
accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our
world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need
caring and our families need protection. With our combined
resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy
communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and
innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our
hospitals and out in the community.
Responsibilities Assist Interventional Cardiologists, Radiologists,
and Vascular Surgeons in Cardiac Cath Lab/Interventional
Radiology/Endovascular with cardiovascular diagnostic and
interventional procedures. Performs duties as scrub and monitoring
staff. Provides radiation safety and general safety for patients,
themselves and other staff. Provides patient and family education
and supports customer satisfaction and service excellence. Works as
part of the Cath Lab/IR/Endovascular team and supports nursing
functions. Demonstrates and maintains all applicable competencies
related to imaging and device based equipment used in these
Interventional procedures areas. Performs with competency in Code
STEMI and Code Stroke alerts. Documents and evaluates the outcome
of interventions. Provides on call services as assigned.
- Responsible for the operation of c-arm radiation equipment,
provides radiation protection, and demonstrates competency for all
- Prepares sterile fields without error or violation of integrity
of aseptic technique. Functions as scrub assist and hemodynamic
- Knowledgeable regarding prep and use of all current devices in
Cath Lab/IR/Endovascular inventory. This includes devices and
adjunct therapies to include athrectomy, IABP, IVUS, Impella, CTO,
DES, DCB, OCT, thrombectomy, and embolic coils. Procedures include
PCI, PTCA, and PTA, cerebral and visceral angiograms and
interventions, stent placement, line placements, dialysis access
maintenance, pacemaker and ICD implant.
- Demonstrates rapid decision making, critical thinking, and
clinical leadership skills. Acts as preceptor. Responds quickly and
effectively to STEMI, Stroke, respiratory and cardiac arrest.
- Provides patient/family education related to procedure and
cardiovascular disease risk factors.
- Assists nursing staff in all aspects of patient care. Reports
all deviations of standards to nurse leader.
- Maintains CPACS database.
- Demonstrates competency in arterial and venous sheath removal,
hemostasis, and access site management.
- Demonstrates competency in EKG recognition and hemodynamics.
Alerts Cardiologists to changes from baseline.
- Provides care to patients peri-procedure and assisting in pre
and post procedure care.
- Maintains readiness for rapid transport for emergent or salvage
CABG or vascular surgery.
Education / Accreditation / Licensure (required & preferred):
- Associates degree or higher in Imaging Science
- Registry ARRT required. Kentucky State Radiation Operator
- Specialty ARRT registry in CV, CIR, CI, or VI desired.
- BLS and ACLS certification required.
Experience (required and preferred):Minimum 2 years' experience in
Imaging Science. Previous experience in Interventional services to
include Cath Lab, Interventional Radiology, and Endovascular
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.
Keywords: SAINT JOSEPH HEALTH SYSTEM INC, Lexington , Interventional Technologist Cath Lab, Healthcare , Lexington, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!