Registered Nurse PreOp PACU (FT) - Lexington Surgery Center
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Location: US-KY-Lexington# of Openings: 1Category: Registered
NurseSystem ID: 13316Overview
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically
partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems
across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA
operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory
surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with
approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
The Preop-PACU RN position is responsible for providing safe and
direct quality care for patients receiving treatment at the ASC in
the preoperative and post anesthesia care unit (PACU) to identified
age groups. In collaboration with other members of the
multi-disciplinary care team, the Preop-PACU RN competently
performs job responsibilities in accordance with all rules and
regulations of all applicable local, state, and federal agencies
and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding
customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining
relationships that are equally respectful to all.
- Ensure patient needs are met in accordance with instructions of
physician and facility's policies & procedures.
- Demonstrates respect for co-workers & develops positive working
relationships with other departments.
- Communicates with courtesy when interacting with patients,
physicians, hospital staff, vendors and the public - in person, on
the telephone, or by email.
- Develops, individualizes and prioritizes patient's plan of care
daily in collaboration with patient, family and health team members
that is sensitive to the patient's cultural and spiritual needs to
attain expected outcomes.
- Coordinates and performs activities routinely as appropriate
with the Director of Nursing, Medical Director and the Quality
- Assesses, plans and evaluates the nursing care needs of
patients in the immediate postoperative or post procedure
- Provides comfort and support for post-operative patients.
- Evaluates responses to treatments and interventions and manages
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications and monitors vital
- Understands principles of aseptic technique and their
- Accurate and legible documentation in the medical record.
- Identifies potentially unsafe situations and notifies
- Registered Nurse, licensed in the state
- Current CPR, ACLS, and PALS
- 1-2 years ASC or hospital Preop or PACU Experience
- Multispecialty surgical experience strongly preferred.
- Must be personable, friendly, and exhibit flexibility and
positive interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills MANDATORY
- Computer experience, HST, Excel, Word. PI128412294
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, Lexington , Registered Nurse PreOp PACU (FT) - Lexington Surgery Center, Healthcare , Lexington, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!