Company: Revive Ministries, Inc
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: Commensurate to experienceREPORTS
TO: APRN/Medical Team FLSA STATUS: Full Time Non-Exempt
SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday, 7am-4pm POSITION SUMMARY: Revive
Life House is not a medical facility but recognizes that
individuals who are recovering from addictions will also have
physical needs. The Medical Assistant is responsible for assisting
with the medical needs of person's served while under the direction
of the APRN and/or RN on staff. The Medical Assistant is also
responsible for assisting with coordination of healthcare for
person's served in accordance with state and federal rules and
regulations as well as nursing standards of care. GENERAL
- Answer telephones and direct calls to appropriate staff or
- Schedule and confirm clients' appointments.
- Room clients and obtain chief complaint and vital signs prior
to APRN appointment.
- Maintain and update client charts in hard copy and digital.
- Responsible for sending discharged client medical charts to
Office Administrator for retention.
- Operate general office equipment such as copiers, faxes,
phones, scanners, etc to assist with filing, faxing, making copies,
scheduling client appointments and other general office duties,
including computer use word processing, spreadsheets, or other
- Clean and prepare examination/medication rooms as needed.
- Mailing or receiving medical records or other documents.
- Assist the nurse and nurse practitioner in maintaining the
medical inventory and placing orders for new materials as needed.
- Will split time between all Revive facilities as directed by
- Assist with weekly nursing updates and insurance reviews, under
the supervision of the RN and/or APRN.
- Assist with order entry and review of client drug screens.
- Other duties as assigned. BACKGROUND/EDUCATION:
- Graduate of medical assistant program (certification preferred)
or Certified Nurse Assistant
- High level of professionalism
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prefer medical substance abuse background.
- Sound understanding of all federal and state regulations
including HIPAA SKILLS REQUIRED:
- The applicant will have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to
perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must have the ability to speak clearly on the phone and in
person to convey information effectively.
- Ability to actively listen to instructions, directions, or
information to carry out tasks to completion or transfer messages
- Ability to read and understand handwritten information and
transcribe for documentation.
- Ability to manage files and documents in an organized manner as
prescribed by the APRN or Nurse
- Experience to provide medical guidance to clients within Revive
- Maintain appropriate boundaries with clients as outlined in
Agency Code of Ethics, Relationships with Clients, Former Clients,
and Notification Requirements, and other policies while providing
the care of clients in a residential setting.
- Experience in crisis intervention and conflict resolution
skills are a plus.
Keywords: Revive Ministries, Inc, Lexington , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Nicholasville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!