Quality Control Lab Analyst
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Job SummaryUnder limited supervision, responsible for completing
product quality checks. Conduct non-routine and complex testing and
analysis of production work. Quality checks are typically not
reviewed for accuracy. Documents quality control issues as needed.
Maintain work activities to meet operational requirements. Monitor
staff performance in accordance to established standards. Mentors
less-experienced peers and assist supervisors, but does not
formally supervise others.Available Shifts?
- 2nd - 3:30pm - 12am (Mon - Fri)
- 3rd - 11:30pm - 8am (Sun - Thurs)
- Rotating days 6am - 6pm (off every other weekend)
- Rotating nights 6pm - 6am (off every other weekend)
- Weekend - Fri, Sat & Sun 6am - 6pm
- Please note shift availability is subject to changeWhy Avantor?
- Full-Time Health Benefits on Your First Day
- Sign-On Bonus
- Quarterly Incentive Bonuses paid
- Competitive Time off Package (PTO and Holidays)
- Employee Stock Options
- Retirement Plan Options with company match
- Direct HireWhat does the position do?
- Conducts routine and non-routine chemistry and microbiological
analysis of raw materials, in-process formulations and final
products to established specifications.
- Uses and operates laboratory equipment and instruments
according to laboratory work instruction or laboratory procedures
such as pH, conductivity, UV, KF, FTIR and titrations.
- Ability to understand and follow Quality Control test methods
or compendia methods (USP, EP, BP, JP or ACS) and EXCIPACT
- Calculates and generates data for compliance to specifications
and reports results.
- Performs technical review of lab data forms such as water,
environmental monitoring and direct measure analysis.
- Calibrates and maintains lab equipment.
- Enters final results and raw data for tested materials or
products in LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System) as
- May perform investigative analysis to support investigations,
complaints or instrument troubleshooting.
- Performs Environmental Monitoring duties, which requires
gowning into cleanroom and collection of air and surface samples
while in the cleanrooms.
- Reviews for discrepancies in data, manufacture COA, COC, and
performs data verification in accordance with company
- Applies appropriate disposition labels to materials (accepted,
- Handles hazardous materials using all appropriate or required
safety PPE and safety equipment.
- Completes documentation in a legible manner and reviews for
- Performs other duties as assigned.What do you need to have?
- Bachelor's degree in a science field with knowledge and
experience in one of the following areas: Chemistry, Biology, or
- 1-3 years of laboratory experience in related field
- Wet chemistry experience preferred (ex. Acid/Base Titrations,
water content)What would be nice to have?
- Must have applied working knowledge of various laboratory
- Must be able to work independently with limited direct
supervision, have proven ability to follow through on multiple
projects, and be goal oriented with a strong desire for
- Familiarity with MS Office (Word, Excel, Access)
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skillsWhat's the
- The work environment characteristics and physical effort
described here are representative of those associate encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is
exposed to an industrial warehouse environment.
- The associate works near moving mechanical machinery and noise
level in the work environment is usually loud.
- The job requires working in heights, exposure to changes in
temperature, driving equipment, and maybe exposed to dust, fumes,
- The associate is required to stand and walk for the majority of
the working day. The physical requirements of the job are for
associates to talk, hear, bend/stoop, squat, crawl, climb height,
reach above shoulder height, crouch, kneel, balance, and
- Furthermore, the job requires associates to lift/carry/push or
pull up to 75 pounds with or without assistance.
- Associates use both hands for repetitive actions such as
grasping and manipulating as well as both feet for repetitive
movement operating foots controls. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Each employee is responsible to perform their defined tasks to
maintain the site's certifications and follow all regulatory
- The employee is expected to shut down the operation and notify
management if an unsafe condition is observed or an instance of
regulatory non-compliance that requires immediate attention
- Regulatory requirements include, but are not limited to cGMPs,
EPA, OSHA, DEA, DOT, and any other applicable local, governmental
and company guidelines
- Meet minimum training requirements for RCRA Hazardous Waste
Management (40 CFR 262.17(a)(7)) within 6 months of employment, and
re-train as the need arises by the Kentucky DEP and US EPA
hazardous waste regulationsDISCLAIMER:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.EEO
Statement:We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer.
We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed,
national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by federal,
state/province, or local law. If you need a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the employment process, please
contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case
basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for
reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email
address.For more information about equal employment opportunity
protections, please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE
LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency
Non-Discrimination Provision using the links below.EEO is the
LawOFCCP EEO SupplementPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION
PROVISION3rd Party Non-Solicitation Policy:By submitting candidates
without having been formally assigned on and contracted for a
specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply with
the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the
submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and
conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will
take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on
its needs and will not be accepting any form of solicitation.
Keywords: Avantor, Lexington , Quality Control Lab Analyst, Healthcare , Paris, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!