LTAC RN - Long Term Acute Care Registered Nurse - Travel Nurse
Company: MedPro Healthcare Staffing
Posted on: December 8, 2018
MedPro Healthcare Staffing, a Joint Commission-certified staffing agency, is seeking a quality Long Term Acute Care registered nurse for a travel assignment with one of our top healthcare clients.Benefits of being a MedPro Employee
- The MedPro Experience program - we embrace and celebrate all our healthcare professionals!
- Immediate access to the industry's best recruiters and healthcare facilities
- Flexible scheduling around your needs
- Private housing or housing allowance
- Group Health insurance benefits from Aetna
- Company-paid life and disability insurance
- Full travel reimbursement
- Licensure assistance and reimbursement
- Matching 401(k)
- Referral BonusDuties & Responsibilities:As part of the LTAC unit, Long Term Acute Care Nurses (RN) are responsible for caring for patients who require extended medical care.
- Provide care for 5-6 patients.
- Adjust and perform in fast paced environment
- Keep up with many admissions and discharges
- Be able to monitor and administer medications (orally, subcutaneously, and through an IV)
- Educate patients and family on surgical processes and how to manage their illness/injury
- Monitor and adjust specialized equipment used on patients, and record and interpret electronic displays
- Interpret and understand telemetry readings, notifying appropriate medical team members of any irregularities
- Perform the duties required of a registered nurse at all times
- Care for patients with pulmonary HTN, respiratory failure, COPD, CHF, and A-Fib
- Use computer equipment to monitor cardiac and other vital information
- Start IV's, draw blood, see the patient from start to finishRequirements:
- Active RN License
- Degree from accredited nursing program
- BLS & ACLS Certifications
- Two years of recent experience in an Long Term Acute Care setting
- Experience with Vents, Trachs, Drips, EG Tubes and able to read Tele-strips
MedPro Staffing is an Equal Opportunity Employer that maintains a policy of non-discrimination with respect to all employees and applicants for employment. Employment decisions, subject to the legitimate business requirements of MedPro or its clients, are based solely on the individual's qualifications, merit and performance without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, disability, marital status or veteran status.
Key Words: Long Term Acute Care Nurse, RN-LTAC, Long Term Acute Care Nursing positions, Travel Nurse, Contract Nurse, Agency Nurse, LTAC, LTAC Contracts, Registered Nurse, LTAC Nurse, RN, Travel Nursing
Keywords: MedPro Healthcare Staffing, Lexington , LTAC RN - Long Term Acute Care Registered Nurse - Travel Nurse, Healthcare , Lexington, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!