Full Time Speech Language Pathologist
Company: KINDRED AT HOME
Posted on: August 16, 2019
I believe that better care begins at home.
Compassionate care, uncompromising service and clinical excellence
- that's what our patients have come to expect from our clinicians.
Kindred at Home, a division of Kindred Healthcare Inc., is the
nation's leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice,
and non-medical home care services.
Kindred at Home, and its affiliates, delivers compassionate,
high-quality care to patients and clients in their homes or places
of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled
nursing and rehabilitation and hospice and palliative care. Our
caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate
care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
As a Home Health Speech Language Pathologist, you will:
- Evaluate, direct and provide speech/language pathology service
to patients in the home or facility
- Participate in the development and periodic review of the Plan
of Treatment and Plan of Care.
- Utilize professional skills and judgment in assessing and
treating disorders of speech, voice, language, hearing and
swallowing to prevent, identify, evaluate and minimize the effects
of such disorders and conditions.
- Administer and interpret diagnostic tests and applications of
therapeutic treatments including audio logic screening.
- Observe, record and report changes in the patient's condition
and response to treatment to supervisor and/or the physician.
- Provide instruction and training to patients in use of
alternative communication systems when appropriate.
- Provide counsel and instruction to patients, families and
- Maintain and submit documentation as required by the Company
and/or facility. Prepare and submit timely written reports of
evaluations, visits, summaries, care plans, care coordination
activities and progress reports as required by Company policy.
- Participate in care coordination activities and discharge
- Maintain the highest standards of professional conduct in
relation to information that is confidential in nature. Share
information only when the recipient's right to access is clearly
established and the sharing of such information is clearly in the
best interests of the patient.
- Attend, participate in and/or conduct internal staff
development programs, obtain continuing education as required by
Company policy, regulation.
- Meet the education and experience requirements for
Certification of Clinical Competence in Speech Language Pathology
or Audiology granted by ASHA
- Minimum of six months experience as a speech therapist / speech
- Home Health experience a plus
- Current and unrestricted license
- Current CPR certification
- Good organizational and communication skills
Required ExperienceAll qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national
To learn more, please contact your local recruiter at (toll free)
Keywords: KINDRED AT HOME, Lexington , Full Time Speech Language Pathologist, Healthcare , Lexington, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!