Patient & Nurse Scheduler - Accredo
Company: Express Scripts
Posted on: September 22, 2019
The Clerk III (Nurse/Patient Scheduler) works within the Home
Infusion Nursing team to complete non-clinical projects and work.
Contacts/interacts with internal and external customers to ensure
the timely scheduling and coordination of nursing visits/activities
in a specified region/geography. Facilitates coordination and
communication with both nurses and nursing agencies necessary for
providing care to Accredo patients. Maintains nursing schedule.
Processes and tracks nursing documentation as necessary. Acts as a
liaison between nurses, pharmacists and patients to ensure that
identified problems, concerns are addressed, and commitments are
followed through to completion. Uses company email, chart notes,
task queues and phone system to communicate across functions and
* Schedules nursing and patient appointments by using the
organization applications in alignment with organizational goals
and policies and in collaboration with Nurse Manager/Nurse
Supervisor as needed. Contacts/confers with patients regarding
their scheduling needs and requests. Maintains daily RN visit
schedule and monthly on-call schedule.
* Assists nursing department by monitoring documentation workflow.
Follows up on nursing order documentation, missing nursing visit
documentation, and collaborates with nursing management as needed
to address patient nursing needs/concerns.
* Assists nursing department to control costs by making visit
assignments with consideration of patient/RN geographic proximity,
potential for overtime costs, etc.
* Actively participates in nursing phone queue to assist callers
and provide information or transfer to appropriate personnel and
document in medical record as appropriate
* Tracks RN required documentation as noted in nurse database.
Notifies RNs of document renewals due, tracks & follows-up on
receipt of outstanding documents. Engages nursing management for
any potential gaps in nursing documentation.
* Notifies pharmacists, nurses, and other related departments staff
of any identified problems/issues
* Utilizes email, databases, and Excel spreadsheets to track,
record and communicate with other members of the team.
* Communicates clearly and consistently, tackling challenges
* Any other duties as assigned by nursing management
* High School Diploma or GED Required
* Two to three years of prior experience as a Patient Care
Coordinator or similar position is preferred
* General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office, Internet,
Outlook Email and General Call Center Systems
* Thorough, demonstrated understanding of medical/pharmacy
* Strong technical and interpersonal skills and the ability to
maintain strict confidentiality
* Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment, learn quickly,
solve problems and make independent decisions
* Excellent verbal and written communication
Accredo is the Express Scripts Specialty Pharmacy. A leading
provider of specialty pharmacy services, Accredo improves care for
patients through behavioral and clinical expertise. We offer a
broad range of healthcare products and services for individuals
with chronic health conditions, such as growth hormone
deficiencies, hepatitis C, hemophilia, oncology, multiple sclerosis
and rheumatoid arthritis. We also provide comprehensive patient
management services, including clinical care management programs,
counseling, education, outcomes measurement, social services and
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system,
and we re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we
see possibilities. We re challengers, difference-makers and
opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a
simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We
uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover
opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better
outcomes like no one else can. We believe health care can do more.
We are Champions For Better.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in
pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity
Keywords: Express Scripts, Lexington , Patient & Nurse Scheduler - Accredo, Healthcare , Louisville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!