Therapist Full Time School Based Franklin County
Company: The Ridge Behavioral Health System
Posted on: November 10, 2019
About Universal Health Services:
One of the nation s largest and most respected hospital companies,
Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive
record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a
startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has
annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as
one of the World s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276
on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of
America s Top 500 Public Companies. Our operating philosophy is as
effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high
quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people
and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become
the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000
employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute
care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers
in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the
About The Ridge:
The Ridge Behavioral Health System is seeking a dynamic and
talented School Based Therapist for Franklin County High School
located in Frankfort, KY. Located in Lexington, KY, the heart of
the Bluegrass, The Ridge Behavioral Health System offers a healing
environment that is reassuring to a patients sense of security and
confidentiality. Dedicated to excellence, The Ridge Behavioral
Health System is accredited by the Joint Commission on
Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, as a licensed, 110-bed
hospital, providing psychiatric (mental health) and chemical
dependency (drug & alcohol rehabilitation) services to children,
adolescents and adults. Inpatient care is provided on a 24-hour
basis, seven days a week. Outpatient and partial hospitalization
services are provided on a six-day per week basis, days and
evenings. Care is provided according to an established code of
ethical conduct and strict adherence to patient rights. The Ridge
Behavioral Health System is owned and operated by Universal Health
Services. For more information, visit our website at
Under the supervision of the Director of Outpatient Services,
provides therapeutic group and family treatment to patients with
mental and substance abuse diagnosis in PHP and IOP programs.
Coordinate their treatment through treatment planning, the
treatment team process and utilization and review. This is a 9
month position, operating on the public school schedule, with the
option to pay over 12 months of the calendar year.
Position Specific Competencies:
* Conducts psychosocial assessments within 5 days.
* Interviews patients and family members to identify preliminary
issues for treatment as needed.
* Intake Assessments/Screenings are completed as per policy on all
referrals to the satellite program.
* Facilitates clinically appropriate admissions to hospital
services, congruent with needs and resources of individual.
* Psychosocial data is comprehensive, documents history and
identifies preliminary issues for treatment focus (i.e., presenting
problems; past emotional/behavioral problems/treatment; history of
sexual/physical abuse, etc.)
* Provides groups and family process oriented therapies in a timely
* Demonstrates sufficient understanding of services available in
the community when making referrals for individuals seeking
* Works professionally and effectively with Business Office staff
to collect co-payments, submit charges, and communicate Utilization
* Conducts prompt follow-up phone calls to No Show patient
* Is receptive to direction & feedback from the Director of
* Completes Utilization Review calls timely and thoroughly.
* Practices by code of ethics set forth by your licensing
* Assess, develops and implements groups to enhance treatment of
* Attends and participates in treatment team meetings for your
* Develops and coordinates individual discharge plan for patient by
utilizing treatment team and chart information to determine patient
s aftercare needs.
* Initiates contact with treatment team members and recommends
treatment alternative when goals are not being met.
* Completes discharge summary with pertinent information for
* Proactively identifies and addresses actual and potential
impediments toward discharge or transition to next level of
* Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with
community agencies and other resources.
* Include patient, family, guardian, or appropriate transition
efforts with respect to discharge status, discharge planning
referrals/assistance; services provided; aftercare plan and
* Maintain and document content with referring or monitoring
* Treatment plan and master problem list reflects social services
interventions and assignment of specific problems within 5
* Responds calmly and appropriately in times of unexpected
* Maintains focus on teamwork and facility goals as well as
individual job duties
* Complete master treatment plan within 5 days
* Reports incidents or suspected incidents of sexual/physical abuse
and/or neglect to Protective Services in a timely manner.
* Utilization Review information is documented clearly thoroughly,
* Progress notes summarized patient s progress toward master
treatment plan goals.
* Continuing care/discharge sheet reflects outpatient appointment
prior to discharge.
* Progress notes recorded within 24 hours of group/family session
or discharge planning
* Conduct follow-up calls with Protective Agencies; assists agency
in obtaining necessary information with report documented in
* Abide by legal requirements and by organization policy regarding
confidentiality, privileged communication and informed consent.
* Follows proper de-escalation techniques when handling crisis
* Provides appropriate crisis intervention as necessary by
anticipating and responding quickly to escalating behaviors,
utilizing de-escalation techniques to diffuse the situation,
correctly prioritizing safety concerns.
* Uses appropriate counseling skills by de-escalating aggression,
using active listening skills, using appropriate tone and volume of
voice, providing a high frequency and variety of positive
reinforcements, maintaining appropriate boundaries, and promoting a
positive peer culture.
* Contraband is properly removed and disposed of according to
This opportunity provides the following:
* *UHS is Challenging and rewarding work environment
* Growth and development opportunities within UHS and its
* Competitive Compensation
* Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
* 401k plan with company match
* Generous Paid Time Off
UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the
management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a
wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc.
Universal Health Services, Inc.
All employment at UHS is with one of the subsidiaries of Universal
Health Services, Inc., including its management company, UHS of
Delaware, Inc. Universal Health Services is a holding company.
UHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such, openly supports
and fully commits to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion
and compensation of all individuals without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics,
protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: The Ridge Behavioral Health System, Lexington , Therapist Full Time School Based Franklin County, Healthcare , Lexington, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!