Respiratory Therapist (Part Time) SIGN-ON BONUS
Company: Apria Healthcare
Posted on: November 11, 2019
With over 300 locations across the US, Apria Healthcare's mission
is to improve the quality of life for our 1.8 million patients at
home by providing home respiratory services and select medical
equipment to help them sleep better, breathe better, heal faster,
and thrive longer. Additional information can be found at
Assists in the treatment and management of patients with clinical
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provides instruction to patients and/or caregivers on the proper
use of equipment and/or respiratory care procedures.
* Ensures patients and/or caregivers can effectively operate and
maintain equipment. Performs clinical assessments and tests such as
pulse oximetry, ETCO2, spirometry, and vital signs.
* Responsible for routine patient follow-up contacts based on
* May need to perform on-call duties as needed.
* Provides and operates various types of respiratory care equipment
including but not limited to oxygen therapy, nebulization therapy,
apnea monitoring, suctioning, PAP, invasive and non-invasive
* Inspects and tests equipment to ensure proper operating
* Prepares and maintains a record for each patient containing all
pertinent information, care plans, physician prescriptions and
* Responsible for accurate data entry on monitoring websites for
certain respiratory equipment
* Consults with referring physician regarding patient treatment,
medical condition, home environment, and Plan of Care.
* Participates in ongoing education and training sessions regarding
respiratory patient care.
* Assist with patient scheduling as needed.
* Performs other duties as required.
* Meets company minimum standard of Background Check
Education and/or Experience
* Graduate of an accredited program for respiratory therapy is
* Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional
* Must possess a valid and current driver's license and auto
insurance per Apria policy. May be required to drive personal
vehicle for patient home visits.
* Registration or certification by the National Board for
Respiratory Care (NBRC). Does not include RN or LPN clinicians.
* Hold a current RCP license in the state of practice (or states
that the location covers) if that state requires an RCP license to
allow the practice of respiratory therapy.
* Hold a current CPR Certification.
* Hold all applicable licensure in good standing for all states of
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
* Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
* Ability to multi-task effectively.
* Ability to communicate effectively in person, on the phone and
* Successful completion of Apria's respiratory therapy orientation
and competency evaluation program.
* Ability to use electronic hand held device
* Microsoft Office programs
* Basic printing/faxing/scanning
* English (reading, writing, verbal)
Education and/or Experience
* At least one year related experience is preferred.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
* Bilingual (reading, writing, verbal)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her
hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach
with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The
employee uses computer and telephone equipment. Specific vision
requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision.
Must be able to travel by plane and automobile (if applicable).
Possible lifting of equipment up to 50 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
* The employee is required to safely operate a motor vehicle during
the day and night and in a wide range of weather and traffic
* The noise level in the work environment is varies based on the
locations or activities proximate to which can range from low to
* There is moderate exposure to dust, fume, mists and odors.
* Temperature ranges from normal indoor climate-controlled
environment in buildings or vehicles and various outdoor conditions
and temperature extremes encountered throughout the year in a
variety of US states.
* General lighting is generally provided via florescent lighting
indoors, and natural lighting outdoors, and low light conditions
consistent with outdoor and/or night working environment.
* During off site travel events the employee may be exposed to
higher noise levels requiring the use of hearing protection, with
moderate potential exposure to moderate dust, chemicals, fumes and
odors, as well as cryogenic and cleaning agents.
* During off site travel events the employee may be required to
ride in company delivery vehicles and accompany employees on
deliveries and enter into patient homes.
* May be required to receive vaccinations and participate in
medical assessments and testing consistent with the work
environment or patients exposed to.
* Will be required to wear various personal protective equipment
consistent with the hazards encountered in this role.
* Will be required to use hand tools for assembly and repair,
material handling equipment, cutting, carrying devices, cleanup
kits or equipment.
* May be required to work with cryogenic fluids requiring special
precautions and PPE.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described
above are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Join the Apria team for a rewarding opportunity in healthcare!
Competitive pay rates with cash incentives and full benefit
packages available, including health, dental, vision, disability
Apria Healthcare is committed to hiring veterans and military
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to providing
all applicants and employees with equal access to employment
opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national
origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information,
sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital
status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state, or local law. Apria Healthcare shall abide by the
requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These
regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals
on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require
affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors
to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans
and individuals with disabilities. AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and
Keywords: Apria Healthcare, Lexington , Respiratory Therapist (Part Time) SIGN-ON BONUS, Healthcare , Lexington, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!