Company: A&W Restaurants Inc
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Join our team! A&W - is looking for some fun and energetic
Team Leads for our Lexington, KY restaurants!
Why is A&W right for you? We offer a competitive wage, a free
meal for each shift, 25% discount for off-duty meals, referral
bonus program, recognition program and service rewards and
additional benefits for full-time Team Members.
A&W Restaurants is notable for being the first successful food
franchise company and is America's first restaurant chain to turn
All full-time Team Members are eligible for the following
--- Paid Time Off
--- Medical Insurance
--- Dental Insurance
--- Vison Care Insurance
--- Life Insurance
--- Supplemental Life Insurance
--- Short-Term Disability Benefits
--- Long-Term Disability Insurance
--- 401K Retirement Plan
--- Education Assistance Position Title: Team Leader Job Type:
Hourly, Non-exempt Position Summary: Contributes to A&W -
success by assisting the Restaurant General Manager (RGM) in
executing daily operations. Directs Team Members to provide
engaging service of quality food and beverages in a clean and
comfortable environment. Summary of Key Responsibilities (include,
but are not limited to, the following):
- Works in various positions as needed during shift in addition
to Supervisor duties.
- Directs Team Member activities in order to maintain speed of
service, cleanliness standards, and operational needs. Organizes
opening, shift change, and closing duties.
- Monitors Team Member productivity and performance. Provides
clear, specific, timely, and respectful coaching and feedback to
improve performance and achieve operational excellence.
- Follows all company policies and procedures. Helps to maintain
a safe working environment throughout the restaurant. Holds Team
Members accountable for following policies including those for cash
handling and safety and security.
- Assists in orientation and training of new Team Members. Uses
company training resources effectively. Recommends Team Member
training needs to RGM.
- Serves as a role model by developing positive relationships
with Team Members and demonstrating engaging guest service at all
- Takes appropriate and immediate action to resolve guest
complaints. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction. Works with RGM
to continually improve guest service.
- Communicates effectively. Filters information between RGM and
Team Members as needed.
- Assists RGM in administrative activities such as: managing
inventory, ordering product, preparing deposits, HAACP records, and
maintaining financial and labor records.
- Sets the standard for regular and consistent attendance and
- Responsible for the safety and security of the Team Member's,
facilities, and assets in the absence of the RGM or AGM. Required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of food service operations. Minimum one year of
experience in industry.
- Knowledge of food safety and physical safety guidelines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Effective communication, orally and in writing, with Team
Members and guests
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Lead and motivate a team, even during challenging times
- Able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to stand and exert fast-paced mobility for periods
up to 4 (four) hours in length. Availability Requirements:
- Must have flexible availability for scheduling
- Must be available for both opening and closing shifts
- Must be able to work beyond scheduled hours as business
requires Equal Opportunity Employment It is the policy of A&W
Restaurants, Inc. to offer equal employment opportunity in all
aspects of the employer/Team Member relationship without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry,
ago, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, genetic information, tobacco
smoking status, or any other status protected by law. A&W
restaurants, Inc. act in compliance with the requirements and
intent of applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations
to protect the right to equal opportunity employment. Other Duties
Please not this job description is not designed to cover or contain
a comprehensive listing of activities of projects, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employer for this job.
Duties, projects, responsibilities, and activities may change at
any time with or without notice. PI177009223
Keywords: A&W Restaurants Inc, Lexington , Team Leader, Hospitality & Tourism , Lexington, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!