Shift Supervisor - Multiple Shifts Available
Company: Revive Ministries, Inc
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionSalary: SCHEDULE: Multiple shifts available -
Lots of flexibility!!POSITION SUMMARY: The Shift Supervisor is
responsible to provide care and supervision for persons served,
including but not limited to emergency procedures, and oversight of
the programs day-to-day operations. The Shift Supervisor is
required to complete all documentation which may include utilizing
computer programs and/or hard copy documentation. The Shift
Supervisor in collaboration with the House Manager is responsible
to implement disciplinary and other organizational policies and
procedures as they relate to client supervision. These duties apply
to all Revive Life Houses operated by Revive Ministries, Inc.
(Revive). GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To provide leadership and intentional oversight to persons
- To complete and/or improve processes and procedures through
collaboration with the Shift Supervisor Lead and House Manager
- To provide oversight of all client activities including but not
limited to, program related classes and meetings, as well as,
special events and activities inside/outside Revive
- Attend and participate in all required staff meetings.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of all Revive policies and
- Complete all assigned duties and tasks in a timely manner.
- Educate and coach persons served in all aspects of the house
policy and procedures.
- Set up and coordinate a walk-through on 30-minute timeframe to
be performed every day around the clock 24/7 during your assigned
- Supervise and verify completion of client daily chores each day
by set deadline.
- Maintain an updated dorm list.
- Observing persons served while self-administering medications
in accordance with Revives medication self -administration
- Administer drug screens, room checks, bodily searches or other
searches as needed of all persons served.
- Being familiar and well versed with and adhere to information
provided in the Shift Supervisor Training Manual.
- All other duties as assigned. BACKGROUND/ EDUCATION:
- No restrictions on education but must be able to read and write
at least to a 6th grade level.
- Background in or be familiar and willing to work with men
struggling with substance abuse issues.
- Preferred one year full-time of direct practice (volunteer or
paid) in a peer recovery support or similar environment.
- Valid State driver's license, must meet insurance requirement
for coverage. QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENT: The Shift Supervisor will
direct the activities of clients during a specific period or shift.
This involves working with them to ensure they are in treatment as
required, participating in programming or other activities. A calm
temperament with the ability to critically think and make rational
decisions is key to success for the Shift Supervisor and clients.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. SKILLS
- Must have organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Maintain appropriate boundaries with clients as outlined in the
Code of Conduct/Ethics policy, Relationships with Clients, Former
Clients, and Notification Requirements, and other policies while
providing peer mentoring and guidance to clients in a residential
- The knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential
functions of the job.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Physical Considerations: While performing the duties of the job
the employee is required to stand, sit, use hands, reach with hands
and arms, climb or balance, ascend and descend stairs, talk or
listen in normal conversation levels and lift up to 25 pounds on a
regular basis. WORKING CONDITIONS: Physical Demands: The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee may be required to exert 21 to 50 pounds of force
occasionally, or 11 to 25 pounds of force frequently, or greater
than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move
objects. Job duties also require about 6 or more hours of
intermittent standing or walking in an 8-hour workday. Sitting may
be required only intermittently and occasionally. Stooping is
usually required frequently. Environmental Conditions: The employee
will work indoors and outdoors, sometimes in hot and humid weather
or very frigid temperatures, depending on the season, in order to
supervise clients in their activities. This may result in bodily
discomfort. The house itself is open and ventilated well with
central heat and air conditioning. The person may work outside in
heat/cold, wet/humid and dry/arid conditions. Mental Demands: There
are a number of daily deadlines associated with this position,
which may cause stress to some individuals. The position must deal
with the clients daily on a variety of issues. WORK EXPECTATIONS:
- Minimum of 40 hours per week
- Must be able to work well with other staff and clients
- Some travel required AT-WILL EMPLOYER STATEMENT: Revive
Ministries Inc. and Revive Life House is an At-Will employer. This
means that regardless of any provision on this form, the company or
employee may terminate the employment relationship at any time, for
any reason, with or without cause or notice. Nothing in this
employee job description or in any document or statement, written
or oral, shall limit the right to terminate employment at-will. No
officer, employee or representative of the company is authorized to
enter into an agreement-express or implied- with any employee for
employment for a specified period of time unless such an agreement
is in a written contract signed by the Executive Director or
Program Director of the company.
Keywords: Revive Ministries, Inc, Lexington , Shift Supervisor - Multiple Shifts Available, Hospitality & Tourism , Nicholasville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!