Company: Cedarhurst Senior Living
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Can you be a real, true friend? Is it your nature to be open,
listen deeply, know your heart, respond genuinely, and care as only
a real friend cares? If so, we want to meet you.
Cedarhurst, a regional healthcare provider and true friend of older
adults, seeks a service-minded, career-oriented individual to join
our team as a Dining Server at our Cedarhurst of Beaumont
As a Dining Server you will have to opportunity to connect with,
and positively impact the lives of, our residents daily! You will
provide a top-notch dining experience for our residents and their
families. You will be responsible for helping prepare food, serve,
and assist residents that need help eating their meals.
Additionally, youll assist with all catering services, room
service, special party needs and marketing functions. You will work
alongside the Dining Services Director to ensure the best dining
experience for our residents and create a pleasant and sanitary
As a Dining Server, working with the Dining Services Director, you
will impact the lives of our residents by
- Supports all catering, room service, special party needs,
marketing functions, etc.
- Take drink and food orders, serve residents and guests in a
professional and efficient manner.
- Maintains a clean work area by assisting with washing all pots,
pans and cooking utensils used to prepare a meal.
- Required to: clear, sanitize and set tables, remove garbage
from the kitchen and clean trash containers, thoroughly review and
complete daily checklist of duties for maintaining and cleaning
kitchen and dining areas.
- Required to assist in cleaning work areas, dining room floor,
dining room tables, and dining room chairs after each meal and
occasionally after special events, sweep, vacuum, and mop floor at
the end of shift.
- Must remain flexible and have the ability to work weekends when
To become a Dining Server, you will need
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner at all times with the
ability to effectively perform conflict intervention and resolution
for residents, families, employees, and others as needed.
- Must be able to meet all physical demands of the job which
includes, but is not limited to: seeing, speaking, touching,
walking, standing, bending, reaching overhead, crouching/kneeling,
as well as the ability to regularly lift/move up to 50lbs
independently and up to 100lbs with assistance.
- Ability to work well with others and take direction from
management, as well as take initiative willing to go above and
beyond to ensure our residents needs are met and they are
comfortable in their living environment.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills are required along
with the heart and passion to work with older adults while
providing the best care possible.
- Must exhibit and promote a high level of customer service,
hospitality, curiosity and friendliness towards all residents,
visitors, employees, and the overall community
- Must have the ability to remain calm in stressful situations,
to be flexible, to work well with many interruptions and have
When considering a career with Cedarhurst, please understand
- Our core values describe our expectation that every team member
will be Passionate, Trustworthy, Empathetic, Positive, Respectful
and Approachable and in every way a real, true friend of those we
- To be a Cedarhurst team member means youre devoted to doing The
Friends Work: In your every effort, you reassure, energize, and
inspire older adults in Cedarhurst.
- Cedarhurst believes that its team is its greatest asset. For
this reason, we provide our team members with extensive training as
well as personal and career development opportunities.
- Cedarhurst believes in promoting from within. We seek team
members who wish to grow with us.
- Cedarhurst offers a competitive benefits package including
medical insurance coverage, life insurance, long-term disability
coverage and a 401(k) Plan with company match (after 1 year of
- Cedarhurst considers the health and safety of its residents,
family members, and team members as its highest priorities. All
offers of employment are conditioned on completing and passing a
background and drug test, participating in mandatory COVID-19
vaccine program, participating in testing requirements (COVID-19
and TB) and using designated PPE when required.
Salary Range: $13 - $15
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the
Americans with Disabilities Act, we will provide reasonable
accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and
encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss
potential accommodations with the employer.
Keywords: Cedarhurst Senior Living, Lexington , Dining Server, Hospitality & Tourism , Lexington, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!