Food Service Assistant Manager serving Maxwell Elementary School 1.0 FTE
Company: Fayette County Public Schools
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Food Service/CLAS - 8231 - LEAD FOOD SERVICE ASSISTANT
22/23 School Year
TITLE: Food Service Assistant Manager
REPORTS TO: Food Service Supervisor
SUPERVISES: Food Service Assistants
JOB FUNCTION: Plan, organize and lead the complex service
operations and activities at a satellite kitchen involving food
service to on-site students and staff; schedule food service
transporting activities to assigned school; train, assign and
provide work direction to assigned staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, organize and lead the complex service operations and
activities at a satellite kitchen involving food service to on-site
students and staff; schedule food service transporting activities
to assigned school; train, assign and provide work direction to
- Plan the preparation of meals according to District menu
guides; determine amount to be served; maintain standards of
efficiency and sanitation related to large quantity food
preparation, heating, serving and storage.
- Monitor and control activities involved in food transport to
serving kitchen to assure standards of quality and sanitation,
health regulations and time lines are met.
- Prepare work schedules and assign duties for assigned
personnel; screen and recommend selection of new employees.
- Assist in the inspection of the satellite kitchen to assure
proper cleanliness and maintenance of equipment and supplies used
in the cafeteria; assure compliance with safety and sanitation
- Prepare and maintain a variety of reports and records including
inventory, sales, requisitions, transportation records, daily
reports of meals served and production sheets.
- Estimate and requisition food quantities, equipment and
supplies needed; receive, inspect, verify and accept delivery of
food and supplies; oversee and assist with proper storage and
efficient use of food and supplies.
DUTIES AND OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES (CONT.):
- Assist in coordinating food service operations with school
activities to improve school and community public relations and
increase student participation.
- Assure accuracy of daily cash receipts; count and wrap money;
prepare bank deposits and deposit moneys into appropriate account.
- Confer with the Production Manager regarding cafeteria needs,
conditions and menu changes.
- Operate a variety of equipment and machines used in kitchens,
including slicer, chopper, mixer, oven and others as required.
- Attend in-service meetings and workshops related to food
service operations and activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular attendance.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Planning, organization and operation of a large food service
- Methods of calculating and estimating needed food and
- Methods of preparing, cooking and serving food in large
- Sanitation and safety practices related to cooking, serving and
- Standard kitchen equipment, utensils and measurements.
- Storage and rotation of perishable food.
- Principles of training and providing work direction.
- Inventory methods and practices.
- Health and safety regulations.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Record-keeping techniques.
- Plan, organize and supervise the complex service operations and
activities at a central kitchen or large school district involving
food service to on-site students and staff.
- Calculate, estimate and requisition food and supplies.
- Train and provide work direction to others.
- Maintain records and prepare reports.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES (CONT.):
- Assure food preparation, service, transport and storage are in
accordance with health, sanitation and safety regulations.
- Participate in and assure proper maintenance of food service
equipment and serving areas are in a clean and sanitary
- Operate standard kitchen equipment safely and efficiently.
- Lift heavy objects.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Complete work with many interruptions.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working
relationships with others.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
--- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking.
--- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech,
vision and hearing.
--- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine
--- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, reaching.
--- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull medium
weights, one third of your body weight, not to exceed 50 pounds
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or G.E.D. Certificate and three years food
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Valid Food Service Permit issued by the Department of Health; must
complete raining course for certification of begining school food
service personnel as prescribed in 702 KAR 6:045.
Contact Person: Michelle Coker
Keywords: Fayette County Public Schools, Lexington , Food Service Assistant Manager serving Maxwell Elementary School 1.0 FTE, Hospitality & Tourism , Lexington, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!