Cook (Entry Level) - Immediate Opening - Creation
Company: Early Learning Academies
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Job DescriptionCreation Kingdom is here to deliver every child a
joyful, caring, and engaging childcare experience that will pave
the way for each child to fulfill the promise of his or her
life.Title: Cook (Entry Level) - Immediate Opening - Creation
KingdomPrepares, produces, heats, cooks, bakes, and serves a
variety of foods from fresh, canned, dry, or frozen states
according to recipes and assists in other related tasks in a
designated food service production and/or service area.Employees
will perform routine tasks independently, referring new or unusual
situations to the Center Director for input and resolution. All
employees are expected to have a love for children and desire to
positively impact their lives. A background check will be
administered for all employees before having unsupervised access to
children. Managers are available to help you through this
- Ability to work in a changing environment.
- Knowledge of and ability to work in any of the roles within the
- Proactive and team-oriented attitude to create a successful
- Ability to create a professional, productive, and positive
environment for parents, and children.
- Strong communication skills that always reflect professionalism
- Follow all policies and procedures documented in the employee
handbook, job description, and any other information verbally
instructed by the Director.Primary Tasks:
- Prepares, produces, heats, cooks, bakes and serves a variety of
foods including soups, entrees, meats, vegetables, desserts,
breads, salads, sandwiches, beverages, or other foods and beverages
as specified by the menus, recipes, and production records.
- Sets up and merchandises food and food service areas and serves
- Operates kitchen equipment such as, but not limited to,
electric mixers, slicers, grinders, ovens, stove
tops,tilt-skillets, tilt kettles, warmers, and coolers.
- Utilizes kitchenware such as, but not limited to, knives,
spatulas, whisks, tongs, spoons, and ladles.
- Assists in the monitoring, reduction, and management of food
- Cleans and sanitizes pots, pans, and kitchen utensils.
- Performs daily, weekly, and monthly deep cleaning of the
facility, service areas, and all kitchen equipment such as
counters, tables, ovens, refrigerators, freezers, mixers, transient
hot carts, mobile carts, and rolling racks.
- Disposes of waste according to the Food Services Operating
Procedures, OSHA, the State, and the HealthDepartment processes and
- May receive, label, and store food and supplies according to
produce and Food Service Standards.
- Taking inventory of all food and supplies
- Any other duties assigned by the Center DirectorAdditional
- Safely lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Frequent periods of standing, stooping, bending, and occasional
- Stand and walk on concrete and tile floors for long periods of
- Withstand a wide range of temperatures
- Work in refrigerated areas
- Able to work a full assigned shift; shift schedules are
typically 8 hours with a 30-minute breakEQUAL EMPLOYMENT
OPPORTUNITYIt is our policy to abide by all federal, state, and
local laws prohibiting employment discrimination based solely on a
person's race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin,
ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical
disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military
status, veteran status (including protected veterans), marital
status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, familial
status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or
expression), medical condition, genetic information, sexual
orientation, or any other protected status except where a
reasonable, bonafide occupational qualification exists.
Keywords: Early Learning Academies, Lexington , Cook (Entry Level) - Immediate Opening - Creation, Hospitality & Tourism , Paris, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!