Posted on: January 16, 2022
Description Job Description:At Leidos, we deliver innovative
solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people
who are dedicated to our customers' success. -Leidos is a Fortune
500--- company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world's
most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, - -Our -
-offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT,
energy, logistics and engineering professionals. Driven by our
talented workforce, the -Integrated Missions Operation -builds
trust through an array of energy-related IT, environmental science
and engineering solutions to meet our customers' needs. -We empower
our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable.
Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for
our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision,
and Values guide the way we do business.Your greatest work is
ahead! Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a
flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us
today!Leidos has an opening for a Network Administrator for the
DUF6 project in support of the United States nuclear security
mission. This is an exciting opportunity to join a great team in
support of a critical mission. Network Administrators provide
assistance in day-to-day planning, installation, configuration,
testing, operation, analysis and documentation of the entire
network infrastructure. They provide network documentation and
support as well as establishing and maintaining User accounts, User
access privileges and security policies. The Network Administrator
performs planning, installing, configuring, testing, operating,
analyzing and documenting duties, as well as scheduled network
status checks, troubleshooting and problem resolution.Key
- Large Infrastructure
- Mission Support
- Command & Control
- Mission Applications
- Engineering Services*** NOTE: While this is remote. Candidate
must be within reasonable driving distance to Lexington, KY to
assist with technical matters onsite approximately 5 times a
- Have an advanced working knowledge in Cisco firewalls and
- Maintain and configure Cisco Firepower technology.
- Have working knowledge of networking segregation.
- Work with Network Operations management and the IT Manager in
planning, installation, and documentation of network topology.
- Create and maintain Layer 2/3 equipment's user's accounts and
- Maintaining firmware patch policies on supported
- Provide network support with a variety of operating
- Maintain network connectivity of all computer
- Provide network support to users.
- Monitor network to ensure optimal performance.
- Test release of products to minimize user impact and ensure
compatibility. - - - - - - - -Secondary Responsibilities:
- Maintain virtual and physical servers and associated hardware,
applications, services, and settings. - - - - - - - - - - -
- Develop and monitor policies for the use of network resources.
- Implement and manage disaster recovery and back-up. - - -
- Evaluate and recommend security improvements and system
- Advanced working knowledge of VMWare to include setup,
management, and daily operations.Basic Qualifications
- Requires a BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or
Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience. 10 years
experience will be considered in lieu of a degr
- Experience with network services (BGP, OSPF, DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP,
WAN, VPN, VLAN, VRF, etc) and network appliances (e.g., routers,
load balancers, domain name servers, firewalls).
- Strong knowledge and experience managing and deploying Cisco
- Network engineering, problem management, and performance
- Knowledge of implementing, administering, performing testing,
and analyzing network systems.
- Understanding of basic telecommunications and information
technology terms and technology.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- US citizenship and eligible for a DOE L clearancePreferred
- Network certifications: Cisco Certifications (CCNA, CCNP,
CCIE), Microsoft certifications (MCSE, etc.), security
certifications (Security+ CE, CISSP, etc.).
- HP Nimble storage management experienceLeidos is growing!
-Connect with us on and .We value and support the well-being and
mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages,
complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an
exciting , and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In
fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the "" by the Ethisphere
Institute for the third consecutive year.Effective October 1, in
order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos
business events outside our facilities, employees will be required
to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative
COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. - Effective December 8, all
Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose)
unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not
vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as
soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your
Talent Acquisition POC.Pay Range:#Remote
Keywords: Leidos, Lexington , Network Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Lexington, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!