Software Test Analyst
Company: Software Guidance & Assistance
Posted on: November 16, 2018
Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for an Software Test Analyst for a contract to hire assignment with one of our premier healthcare services clients in Cincinnati, OH.
- Develops large and/or complex solutions that require analysis and research.
- Works on multiple projects as a project leader or frequently as the subject matter expert.
- Works on projects/issues of medium to high complexity that require demonstrated knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments.
- Coaches and mentors more junior technical staff.
- Works under minimal supervision on complex projects. Wide latitude for independent judgment.
- Develops, maintains and upgrades Manual or Automated test scripts, utilities, simulators, data sets and other programmatic test tools required to execute test plans.
- Perform usability testing for total system performance, reliability, scalability, and security.
- Effectively communicates testing activities and findings in oral and written forms.
- Controls and manages own daily test activities.
- Provides internal quality assurance.
- Supports test lead to identify risks and develops mitigation strategies.
- Organizes and maintains the test script library.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Typically requires six (6) or more years of demonstrated experience in software testing.
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Knowledge of methods, tools, and technology used in software testing
- Knowledge and use of quality management methods, tools, and technology used to create and support defect-free, application software that meets the needs of the client/business partner
- Proficient with SQL
- Working knowledge of Web API
- Knowledge of the basic principles, processes, phases and roles of application development methodologies
- Knowledge of primary database engines with a demonstrated ability to write complex queries to be used for data validation and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of object-oriented development tools, techniques, and principles with expertise in at least one object-oriented language
- Knowledge of functions, features, and components of existing and planned operating systems and applications
- Skill in understanding and focusing on the clients needs
- Skill in analysis, solid decision-making and problem-solving
- Ability to work in an agile development environment where developers and testing personnel work closely together to ensure requirements are met or exceeded
- Ability to deliver results under pressure
- Ability to demonstrate interpersonal and teambuilding skills, working with technical and non-technical individuals
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, clients, vendors and public Preferred Skills:
- Desired experience with HP Quality Center, UFT, HP LoadRunner, Python, JSON/XML SGA is a Certified Womens Business Enterprise (WBE) celebrating over thirty years of service to our national client base for both permanent placement and consulting opportunities.
Keywords: Software Guidance & Assistance, Lexington , Software Test Analyst, IT / Software / Systems , Cincinnati, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!