Overview: CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of
Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more
than 700 care sites across the U. S. , from clinics and hospitals
to home-based care and virtual care services, CommonSpirit is
accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our
world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need
caring and our families need protection. With our combined
resources, CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy
communities, advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable, and
innovating how and where healing can happen, both inside our
hospitals and out in the community.
Responsibilities Full Time, Day Shift, Saint Joseph East
JOB SUMMARY / PURPOSE
Contributes to the safe, efficient operation of the surgical
suite by assisting the physician, circulating RNs and anesthesia
personnel during all levels of surgical procedures. Has primary
responsibility for set-up of the instruments/equipment on the
sterile field to perform each surgical procedure, operation, and
cleaning of all procedural equipment during procedures. Works as a
team member to provide harmonious flow of the surgical schedule and
operating room running smoothly.
ESSENTIAL KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
* Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide
care appropriate to the age of the patients served.
* Contributes to efficient operation of the surgical suite and
* Maintains confidentiality of information in the surgical suite
* Assists in delivering high quality care services in a
professional, compassionate and courteous manner with respecting
the dignity and individuality of each person who comes in contact
with the organization by following the Standards of Excellence,
Standards of Behavior and Conduct and Standards of Professional
* Gives direct and indirect patient care under the supervision
of the RNs
* Responsible for the care, handling, and processing of all of
the equipment and instruments.
* Prepares and sets up for all surgical procedures ensuring that
the correct equipment and supplies are available during the
* Ability to assist the physicians as needed with equipment and
supplies consistent with their job classification.
* Knowledge of all complex and therapeutic procedures performed
in the unit.
* Ability to set up and assist with out of the department cases
at the bedside or in the OR as necessary
* Passing sterile instruments during surgery in anticipation of
the surgeon's needs.
* Able to recognize and communicate any patient issues to RN or
physician during the procedure.
* Maintains supplies and stocks procedure rooms and travel carts
during down time
* Assists with tracking locations and maintaining inventory of
* Disinfects and cleans scopes and equipment according to
SGNA/ASGE standards and hospital policy.
* Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Required Education for Staff Job Levels Must be a graduate of an
approved technician program
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Manual
dexterity and strong attention to detail. Experience with varied
high tech surgical equipment.
PREFERRED Qualifications Certification preferred. One year of
OR, endoscopy or hospital experience preferred
CommonSpirit Health is an Equal Opportunity employer committed
to a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will
be considered for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status, ancestry,
veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
External hires must pass a post offer, pre-employment background
check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or
conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent
with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local
ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San
Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415)
438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only
respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable
accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the
needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable
accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.