Low Voltage Tech (100% Travel Required)
Company: IES Holdings, Inc.
Posted on: November 22, 2020
Low Voltage Tech (100% Travel Required)
Location : Location
Job Post Information* : Posted Date
Job Post Information* : External Company Name
Job Post Information* : External Company URL
Location : Postal Code
Location : Address
Job Post Information* : Post End Date
Full benefits available after 30 days of employment! Full-time,
direct hire position!
Job Summary: (100% Travel Required)
The Communications Technician II must possess the ability to
perform the technical responsibilities of a Cable Installer and
function as a lead member of a technical team. The Technician II
will coordinate small groups of installers in the performance of
daily workload including adherence to Company safety and quality
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* The Communications Technician II will install a work area outlet
for floor, modular furniture and wall (terminate CAT 3 & CAT 5
jacks. Mount face plates and surface mount boxes correctly. Adhere
to IES COMMERCIAL labeling standards).
* The Communications Technician II will build closets (Mount and
install backboards, cross connects, racks, patch panels, fiber
optic and hardware). Install grounding for racks, equipment and
cable as required. Complete all IDC connections (e.g. terminate
110/66 blocks and patch panels).
* The Communications Technician II performs testing: continuity
test horizontal and riser cable; use of volt-ohmmeter; troubleshoot
opens, crosses, shorts and transpose pairs on horizontal and riser
cable; use a tone set.
* The Communications Technician II will identify active voice or
* The Communications Technician II will assume responsibility for
effective performance of crew and provide necessary training;
coordinate personnel and timeline to complete project.
* The Communications Technician II will fully complete all IES
COMMERCIAL paperwork accurately and on time (timesheets, material
transfers, work orders, change orders, tool transfers and others as
* The Communications Technician II will adhere to and participate
in all Company, customer and industry quality and safety standards
* The Communications Technician II will complete other
responsibilities as assigned.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
* The Communications Technician II must be self-motivated, positive
in approach, professional and help create, develop and implement
project process improvement(s).
* The Communications Technician II must promote the Company culture
and mission to all employees, vendors, clients and business
* The Communications Technician II must be able to act as the
Company liaison for interface with customer representative(s).
* The Communications Technician II must possess proven problem
solving skills, critical thinking skills and the ability to
effectively read, write and give oral presentation(s).
* The Communications Technician II must be able to work at heights,
off of a ladder and in confined spaces, lift up to 50 pounds and
move up to 75 pounds.
* The Communications Technician II must be able to see and
distinguish different colors, read small print and hear and
recognize audible signals such as dial tones.
* The Communications Technician II must be able to travel within
the branch territory and/or regional territory as needed.
* Tools: screwdriver (regular and Phillips), drywall saw, torpedo
level, tape measure, snips (with belt sheath), pliers (needle nose
and channel locks), hammer, cable stripper, flashlight, and
Punch tool with 110 block and 66 block blade, tone set, 6/8
position combo crimp tool, and Krone/3M/BIX.
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
* Must possess at least a High School diploma or GED
* Must possess a minimum of two (2) years of experience in
telecommunications or related technical field and demonstrate the
ability to supervise others.
* Must possess and be proficient with the listed tools.
* Must have proven skill level to interpret blueprints and other
project documents, including but not limited to, specifications,
reporting and quality requirements.
* Must know the universal communications color codes.
* Must meet Company minimum driving standards.
EEO & Affirmative Action
The IES policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits
discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin,
sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, individuals with
disabilities, protected veterans, or any other protected status or
characteristic. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring,
transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and
all other terms and conditions of employment, and also states that
retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding
possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. IES is
also committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the
employment of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and
protected veterans. IES develops affirmative action programs to
support its commitment to equal employment opportunity, consistent
with company policy and the company's obligations as a contractor
to the United States government.
Keywords: IES Holdings, Inc., Lexington , Low Voltage Tech (100% Travel Required), Other , Lexington, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!