LIGHT INDUSTRIAL TITLE:
MIG TIG Welder and Forklift Driver
A local metal manufacturing company is currently seeking an
experienced MIG TIG Welder in Georgetown, KY for a long-term
temporary to hire opportunity. Welder positions require candidates
to be responsible for welding in the fabrication, repair and
maintenance of equipment parts, structures, and other items.
Performs related duties as assigned. Must be familiar with MIG and
TIG welding. If you meet the qualifications listed below – Apply
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Cuts and/or joins metal parts in order to fabricate metal parts
using tools such as mig welder, tig welder, grinder, drill press,
clamps, and hand and power tools.
• Designs and fabricates parts and equipment to meet unusual or
special needs of DPS, using manufacturers' specifications,
measuring devices, calculator, drawings and service requests.
• Designs and creates holding jigs to aid in the fabrication of
parts in multiple numbers, using measuring devices, drawings, saw,
and hand and power tools.
• Maintains records of work completed (e.g., work orders, service
requests, etc.) in order to provide an accounting of activities in
the welding shop.
• Calculates quantities, times, materials, distances, weights and
standard-to-metric conversions in order to perform vehicle repairs
or modifications and to prepare cost estimates for unusual
• Maintains inventory of supplies routinely used in the operation
of the welding shop by inspecting stock and ordering goods as
needed. Inspects parts and supplies received in order to verify
accuracy of invoices.
• Transports equipment, parts, or supplies to directed locations in
order to expedite repair work or modifications.
Candidates must meet the following requirements for
• Requires 1-2 years of journey-level mechanical experience in
fabrication welding to include MIG and TIG welding. Must have and
maintain a valid driver license. Certification required a warehouse
• Must pass the forklift safety and instruction
• Basic computer operation skills and accurate typing ability
• Knowledge of safety standards in a warehouse environment and in
the operation of warehouse equipment
• Must be able to successfully complete a client specific
• Knowledge of the characteristics and properties of various metals
used in the cutting, forming and welding of objects.
• Knowledge of the properties of various welding rods and fluxes
used in welding metals.
• Experience identifying and using proper hand and power tools in a
• Understanding the use of various types of equipment and tools
common to the welding trade (e.g., mig welder, tig welder, saw,
drill press, grinder, etc.).
• maintaining welding shop equipment in serviceable condition.
• Ability to calculate mathematical problems involving addition,
subtraction, multiplication, division on a calculator to determine
weights, measurements, time and quantities.
• Ability to read and interpret technical shop manuals,
manufacturers' specifications and wiring schematics pertaining to
systems to design and install special equipment.
• Ability to follow detailed oral and written instructions in the
fabrication and installation or repair of requested equipment.
• Ability to visualize an idea and develop a working model to
fabricate unusual or very special equipment.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
with those contacted in the course of assignments.
• Ability to learn to use personal computer to monitor inventories,
order parts and supplies, and write reports.
• Ability to record accurate information on pre-formatted forms,
such as requisitions, cost estimates, time and material
• Ability to communicate ideas to shop personnel regarding the
design and installation of equipment modifications.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints or sketches in
fabricating equipment and other articles.
• May be required to move items up to 50 pounds for distances of up
to 10 feet
• May be required to stand, stoop, bend, kneel and squat for
extended periods of time.
• May be exposed to fumes or dust, toxic or caustic chemicals,
outdoor weather, moving mechanical parts and moderate to loud noise
• Must wear appropriate protective gear and clothing as
• Perform daily warehouse audits
We have openings on first shift Monday - Friday 7:00am-7:00pm or
Pay for this position is $9.00-$11.00/hr plus overtime as needed.
This is a temporary-to-hire opportunity.
Adecco provides one of the most comprehensive benefits package in
the industry to contract workers. Benefits available to you as a
contractor after one week of employment include:
• Medical Coverage - Access to an affordable and comprehensive
group medical coverage plan
• 401(k) - Adecco offers all temporary employees the ability to
participate in a 401(k) savings program
• Pay Options/Direct Deposit - Make it as easy as possible for you
to get paid
• Service Bonus - Rewarding employees who make an extended work
• Paid Holidays - Selected paid holiday, based on accrued hour
• State-of-the-Art Career Center - Training and resources available
for all employees
• Highly trained and professional staff - Our team cares about you
and your career!
Click on “Apply Now” to be considered for this position or any
other warehouse related opportunities with Adecco.