Posted on: May 6, 2021
Coordinates, administers and performs the quality function of an
engineering and technical nature to ensure product quality and
reliability at minimum quality costs.DUTIES AND
- Complies with all BOS, ISO/TS-16949 and Customer Specific
- Understands Plant/Customer KPI's and works with team to meet
- Participates as Layered Process Auditor if instructed by
- Responsible to ensure that continuous improvement is made in
all Production Quality Deliverables (e.g.: RTY, Craftsmanship,
RPPM, CPPM, SPPM and Warranty / JD Power).
- Provide support on PPAP package preparation for product
submissions and approval by appropriate Customer personnel. Obtain
approval of submission packages from the Product Service Manager or
Quality Manager prior to submission to the Customer.
- Develop and update Control Plan as required.
- Support the Manufacturing Engineer in updating the PFMEA as
- Develop appropriate inspection plans and containment
- Utilize all Customer-specific systems (e.g.: Daimler-Chrysler
PRISM, GM PRR, Ford WERS).
- Responsible to conduct capability studies, and ensure that they
are properly performed and documented for special characteristics,
and that Customer and internal requirements are met (or a written
Customer deviation is obtained).
- Support the continuous improvement of the Operation Description
- Identify and utilize the appropriate statistical tools. Mentor
team members on proper statistical application and techniques.
- Interface with assigned external customers as the single point
contact for issue resolution.
- Responsible for completion of any customer specific advanced
quality planning requirements.
- Responsible for writing and submitting 8-Ds to the customer in
a timely manner.
- Visit the customer on an as needed basis.
- Communicate between the customer and the plant.
- Initiates the Quality Alert when concerns arise and follow the
alert until it is closed.
- Confirm all customer return material analysis root causes and
corrective actions. MUST HAVE
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3 to 5 years of Quality Engineering experience in the
Keywords: Adient, Lexington , Quality Engineer, Other , Georgetown, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!