Manufacturing Engineer - Winchester
Company: IWT Primary Manufacturing Plant
Posted on: May 6, 2021
Infiltrator Water Technologies is a leading provider of engineered
plastic chambers, synthetic aggregate leachfields, tanks, and
accessories for the onsite wastewater and storm water industries.
Our mission is to improve the performance of onsite wastewater by
producing the highest quality products in the industry.
Infiltrator's commitment to product design, environmental
excellence, and manufacturing innovation continues to be the
cornerstone of our success.
This position, located at Infiltrator's central manufacturing
campus in Kentucky, will be integral in managing the implementation
of current and future capital projects. The Infiltrator Kentucky
campus encompasses 8 facilities on 200 acres of property and
contains some of the largest plastics processing equipment in the
world. This position will support the growth at Infiltrator's
central campus and satellite facilities as required
The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for leading and
executing capital and continuous improvement projects throughout
the operation with primary focus in the multi-facility Winchester,
Kentucky operation. This position will report to the Director of
Manufacturing Capital Implementation.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide engineering support of large multi-faceted projects.
Must have experience developing and managing project budgets,
timelines, and scope. Must be effective in communication of project
status and results.
- Prepare facility and equipment layout concept drawings and
detailed drawings as required in 2D CAD with 3D CAD skills highly
- Develop project scope, costs, justification, and schedule for
assigned projects. Prepare and present capital request
documentation as required.
- Work with internal and external engineering resources, as well
as equipment vendors to design and install new equipment and
processes or reconfigure and upgrade existing equipment to suit the
needs of the business.
- Manage contractors, as well as internal resources during
- Lead and participate in project startup including
troubleshooting of mechanical, electrical, and process
- Develop equipment and process design standards for assigned
areas of operations.
- Must be resourceful, open to taking on and executing projects
that are outside the individual's current skillset.
- BS in Engineering.
- 5+years of relevant experience, preferably working in plastics
injection molding. Skills with extrusion and processing recycled
plastics would also be considered desirable.
- Must have functional experience in one or more of the following
- Large and complex equipment installation, preferably injection
- Facility construction including equipment foundations and
- Facility process water systems.
- Bulk material conveyance systems.
- Experience with 2D CAD software (Must Have). Experience with 3D
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office software.
- Willing to work flexible hours as required by ongoing
operations and projects.
- Exposure to Lean and/or Six Sigma methods
Keywords: IWT Primary Manufacturing Plant, Lexington , Manufacturing Engineer - Winchester, Other , Winchester, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!