Master Scheduler - Lee
Posted on: June 12, 2021
At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for
people! CoreCivic is currently seeking a Master Scheduler who has a
passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional
Who We Are:
CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality,
secured corrections and detention management services, providing
effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare
individuals for success after release. Headquartered in Nashville,
Tennessee, with more than 70 security facilities nationwide,
CoreCivic security employees are driven by a deep sense of service,
high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to better
the public good.
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.
What You Get To Do:
Change the lives of those in your care!
The Master Scheduler is responsible to plan, staff and schedule
personnel resources according to applicable policies, standards and
contract requirements. They ensure adequate coverage of all
security posts and essential positions and is also responsible to
monitor all workforce management processes at the local facility
level. In addition, they will manage schedule/shift adjustments to
optimize schedule adherence and provide overall staffing
Implement and maintain the approved workforce management
platform at the local facility level to include but not be limited
to the development of shift rosters for each shift, scheduling of
annual in-service training and partner-mandated training;
determines the appropriate number of scheduled absences allowed per
day and coordinates leave requests in accordance with policy to
ensure adequate coverage of posts.
- Work with facility management to revise shift cards as needed
to provide a fair balance in staff level and in experience on all
shifts. Create schedules, using fair scheduling practices which
ensures achievement of safe and secure facility operations;
contract compliance; schedule adherence and other financially
impacting goals. Make adjustments accordingly.
- Member of the Incident Command System working directly with
facility management to provide updated staffing and schedule
information. Develop working partnerships with the Human Resources,
Payroll and Training departments to ensure items impacting
schedules and shift rosters are properly communicated and
- Serve as the primary contact for the overtime tracking process.
Key overtime reasons into Kronos.
- Conduct weekly meetings with facility management to discuss
issues related to any schedule impacting items.
- High school diploma, GED certification or equivalent
- Associate's degree preferred.
- One year experience with shift scheduling required.
- Additional qualifying education at an accredited college,
business school or technical institute in office administration or
a related field may be substituted for the one year of required
- Two years correctional industry experience preferred.
Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications,
especially Microsoft Excel, required.
- Experience with Kronos or other timekeeping systems
- Strong analytical, oral and written communication and
interpersonal skills required.
- Knowledge of workforce management theory and best practices
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 21 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE including
Keywords: CoreCivic, Lexington , Master Scheduler - Lee, Other , Beattyville, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!