Buyer - Master Data
Posted on: June 12, 2021
EnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for
industrial applications. We have over thirty manufacturing and
assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000 customers in more
than 100 countries. Worldwide headquarters are located in Reading,
PA, USA with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia. We
complement our extensive line of Motive Power and Energy Systems
with a full range of integrated services and systems. With sales
and service locations throughout the world, and over 100 years of
battery experience, EnerSys is the power/full solution for stored
DC power products. We continue to grow in our industry by ensuring
all employees possess the following core competencies: customer
focused, team player, engaged, ethical, strong communication
skills, and works safely.
The Buyer ensures an uninterrupted supply of quality materials
that meet targets for cost, inventory, and supplier management
goals. Coordinate's activities involved with procuring goods and
services, such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, supplies,
and advertising, in a timely and cost-effective manner. Maintains
professional relationships with vendors, production personnel, and
corporate purchasing representative in a time urgent, demanding
position. Generates purchase orders to support scheduled production
activities; coordinates materials and production to meet customer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works closely with the Master Planner to ensure that material
is being ordered in coordination with schedules.
- Maintain accuracy in SAP for demand and item master.
- Adheres to purchasing policies, processes and procedures.
- Uses knowledge of material planning and engineering processes
and procedures to coordinate product deliveries.
- Maintain proper inventory levels for each part at all times in
order to fill customer orders.
- Identify part shortages and expedite.
- Maintains strategic relationships with suppliers and execute
agreements and scorecards.
- Constantly monitor inventory levels, production scheduling
demand and execute to the MRP or SAP exception messages.
- Verify demand, generate purchase orders and compare standard
cost to the actual pricing.
- Plans and analyses inventory levels by verifying available on
- Generate system purchase requisitions, place purchase orders
and verify part number specifications and price. Obtains purchase
order confirmation from suppliers confirming price, delivery and
- Expedites material from suppliers to meet the master production
- Verifies receipt of items by comparing items received to items
ordered and resolves shipment discrepancies from suppliers.
- Manages optimal inventory levels and develops a "plan for every
part" to increase material availability and increase inventory
- Maintains Purchase Order information accessible by sorting and
filing documents by supplier and date.
- Develops an intimate knowledge of the company's ERP system in
all relevant modules.
- Develops / Implements an efficient and accurate system for
monitoring all Open Purchase Orders
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and
effectively report problems through written and/or graphical
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree in business or
related field from an accredited institution and minimum of (3)
three years of work experience in Purchasing and/or Material
Planning Management, (preferably in manufacturing) required
- OR- a minimum (6) six years of direct Purchasing experience in
Competencies: Knowledge of the legal and ethical boundaries of
procurement. Raw material source, logistics and negotiation.
- Possess above average computer, written and verbal
communication skills; proficient in use of MS office. Ability to
create spreadsheets for analysis and tracking. Negotiation and
excellent interpersonal skills. Understands material supply and
- Language Skills:
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret, and communicate in
standard business English. Good written and oral communications
skill with the ability to respond to complex inquiries.
Ability to write complex instructions and correspondence; and
present information in one-on-one and small group situations; to
customers, vendors and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of
Must be able to compute rate, ratio and percent; with the
ability to develop and interpret graphs used for presentation or
- Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions supplied in both
written and verbal format. Ability to prioritize.
- Comprehensive understanding of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word,
- Ability to use computer systems such as MPR, SAP and standard
office software effectively to assist in procurement.
- Proficient Experience in an ERP system.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of inventory control,
purchasing and manufacturing/production planning.
- Willingness to negotiate and build relationships with
- Ability to work well with a team / Strong Interpersonal
- Able to prioritize in a fast paced environment and have a keen
attention to detail
Supervisory Responsibilites: None
Travel Required: Minimal
General Job Requirements
- This position will work in an office setting, expect minimal
EnerSys provides equal employment opportunities to all employees
and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
Keywords: Enersys, Lexington , Buyer - Master Data, Other , Richmond, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!