Branch Manager I
Company: Core & Main
Posted on: July 21, 2021
Lead position for location approximately
$15M or less in revenue. Direct all sales and operations activities
for a branch location. Responsible for the execution of sales
strategy. Develop customer relationships and ensure satisfaction
through operational excellence. Responsible for talent acquisition
and development and retention of associates and adherence to
company policies and procedures. This position requires operation
of a company vehicle or a personal vehicle and such operation is
done consistently more than 20% of the average work week. If
selected for this position, Core & Main will run a Motor Vehicle
Record (MVR) report. A requirement of this position is an
acceptable MVR report.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and
- Ensures efficient operations through adherence to policies and
procedures and process excellence. Maintains compliance with
applicable government regulations.
- Safeguards company assets and associates.
- Ensures appropriate staffing levels to meet service, financial,
and operational support demands. Effectively utilizes training
programs to develop sales and operations expertise.
- Initiates and builds customer relationships with existing and
- Acts as liaison to functional leadership to ensure customer
satisfaction and problem resolution.
- Monitors local market trends. Develops and executes strategies
to grow local market share and aggressively pursues business
- Works closely with vendors to maximize sales and increase
- Accountable for profit and loss and inventory/accounts
receivable for assigned location. Achieves earnings before interest
and tax (EBIT), return on investment capital (ROIC), and return on
sales (ROS) goals.
Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on
professional methods, business principles, and practical
- Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors
and/or indirectly supervises support staff.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions
would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and
there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions
there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the
- Must be a minimum
of 18 years of age or older
Must pass pre-employment assessment(s) if applicable
- Bachelor's degree.
- Wholesale distribution experience.
- Exposure to Six Sigma or other process improvement
- Bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Ability to use computer systems and apply computer systems
knowledge to manage day-to-day operations.
Core & Main
St. Louis, Core & Main is a leading distributor of water, sewer,
storm drain and fire protection products in the United States.
Operating approximately 275 branches nationwide, the company
combines local expertise with a national supply chain to provide
contractors and municipalities innovative solutions for new
construction and aging infrastructure. Core & Main’s 3,500 plus
associates are committed to the safe distribution of water and fire
protection to help communities thrive. Visit www.coreandmain.com to learn
Core & Main is an Equal Employment
Opportunity employer. Employment at Core & Main is based solely on
a person’s merit and qualifications directly related to
professional competence. Core & Main does not discriminate
against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed,
color, religion, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age,
disability, veteran status, pregnancy or related condition
(including breastfeeding), affectional or sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, marital status, status with regard
to public assistance, citizenship, or any other basis protected by
None of the questions in this application
are intended to elicit information regarding any protected
characteristics, nor imply any limitation, illegal preferences or
discrimination based upon non-job-related information or protected
For more information, please click here or visit https://www.eeoc.gov
Keywords: Core & Main, Lexington , Branch Manager I, Other , Lexington, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!