Gray is a fully integrated, international service provider
deeply rooted in engineering, design, construction, and smart
manufacturing services. Consistently ranked among the top five
industrial contractors in the U.S., we focus on the following
markets for domestic and international customers: Food & Beverage, Manufacturing, Automotive, Distribution, Mission Critical, and Commercial.
Founded in 1960, Gray has grown to encompass a complementary
family of brands designed to augment and enhance each other’s
specialized capabilities without gaps or redundancies. Our robust
offering—which includes strategy, operational improvements,
construction, extensive engineering, automation & controls, and
equipment manufacturing—enables us to create one-of-a-kind
solutions at the highest levels of customization, delivering
unmatched precision and partnership to some of the world’s most
Who we want… (Requirements)
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university and a
minimum of 7-10 years related experience and/or training OR
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preference given to individuals with 5+ years
of experience in commercial HVAC mechanical
piping, plumbing and sheet metal.
- Experience within the light/heavy industrial sector highly
- Excellent leadership, organizational, communication, and
problem solving skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret architectural and
engineering drawings, financial reports, and legal/contract
- Travel will be involved (roughly 50% of the time).
If you are a high achiever striving to exceed expectations
in a fast-paced innovative company, then Gray is the place for
The requirements listed above are representative of the
knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
What we expect… (Essential Functions)
- Researches, analyzes and calculates data such as customer
design proposal, specifications, and manuals to determine
feasibility of design or application.
- Participates in estimating process for customer design
- Analyzes subcontractor proposals to confirm the criteria are
- Participates in negotiations of contracts with subcontractors
and vendors for various trades, ensuring that all phases of the
work are encompassed and that a clear definition of work
responsibility is defined.
- Reviews construction documents from subcontractors to confirm
they comply with scope.
- Participates in awarding subcontracts.
- Coordinates design and engineering efforts; monitors and
reports on financial status of the project(s) and is responsible
for subcontract and contract administration.
- Participates in job progress schedule to ensure that actual
construction parallels with the schedule per the MEP of the
- Reviews construction installed by subcontractors to confirm
complies with scope.
- Purchases and monitors the delivery of all needed materials for
the project(s) ensuring optimum prices, quality and conformance to
specifications, for MEP Divisions.
- Participates in reviews and approves subcontractor and vendor
payment requests. Issues changes in the work to receive prices from
subcontractors in a timely fashion.
- Works with design and engineering managers to ensure project(s)
is/are designed, procured and constructed within the boundaries of
operating guidelines, while conforming to technical requirements
and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Visits job site(s) as needed to review progress and quality of
work, with possible required relocation to the jobsite during the
MEP portion of construction.
- Works with Project Manager to verify the monthly Red File
report for the MEP.
- Reviews shop drawings and submittals to ensure compliance with
scope of work.
- Responsible for the communication, implementation and
enforcement of Gray’s safety program on site.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this position, the team member is
frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands, reach with
hands or arms and talk or hear. They may occasionally be
required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch. Must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific
vision abilities required include close vision.
Generally, normal office environment where noise level is
moderate and temperature/humidity is controlled. While performing
the duties of this job on site, the team member is frequently
exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts,
and outside weather conditions. The team member is
occasionally exposed to high precarious places, fumes or airborne
particles, extreme cold and/or heat, risk of electrical shock,
explosives, and vibration. The noise level is generally
moderate to loud. Overtime may be required.
This position has supervisory responsibilities of drafting by
on-site and contract ACAD drafters, and of administrative
assistants for work generated by this individual.
Gray is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and
welcomes everyone to apply. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.