Assistant Design Manager
Company: Gray Architects & Engineers PSC
Posted on: September 16, 2021
Why Gray AE?
Gray AE is a top-ranked design-build firm offering architecture
and engineering services to domestic and international customers
throughout the U.S. It’s the spirit of the people at Gray AE –
passion, commitment and a great team environment – that makes our
company a great place to work. Our purpose is to make a
difference in people’s lives by creating unforgettable customer
experiences and great projects. The people of Gray AE
exemplify our core values: we put safety and quality of life first,
we are customer and relationship-driven and we demonstrate the
golden rule - we treat others the way we want to be treated.
Who we want… (Requirements)
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university with
three-five years relevant experience; or a degree from a technical
college and five-ten years of relevant experience
Must possess basic computer skills including the ability to
utilize word processing, spreadsheet, Revit and e-mail
applications. May require knowledge of applications specific to the
project assigned. Must also possess excellent communication and
interpersonal skills. This position can be based in
Lexington, Charlotte, Birmingham, Atlanta and we will consider
remote for the right candidate.
The new team member should be an energetic, self-motivated
individual who enjoys a team environment, as well as a passion for
collaboration and professional development. If you are a high
achiever striving to exceed expectations in a fast-paced innovative
company, then Gray is the place for you.
The requirements listed above are representative of the
knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
What we expect… (Essential Functions)
- Review design proposal criteria and facilitate preparation of
proposal documents for use by construction personnel,
subcontractors, and vendors. Function as the design lead on smaller
proposals, typically less than 10 million dollars.
- Provide research regarding the project design, along with
applicable code and regulatory requirements.
- Consults with customer to determine functional and spatial
requirements of new structure or renovation, and prepares
information regarding design, specifications, materials, color, and
- Prepares the layout of project and integrates engineering
elements into unified design for customer review and approval.
- Responsible for quality assurance and quality control of design
documents for all design disciplines including but not limited to
review of documents prepared by Architectural Technicians,
sub-consultants and design-build subcontractors.
- Prepare and administer design contracts with the customer
- Facilitate design reviews and presentation of current design
documents for customer review and approval.
- Coordinate design activities with customers and Gray
- Facilitate the preparation of schematic, design development,
and construction documents and manage construction administration
activities for the project.
- Develop a design schedule and estimate of A/E costs for
- Substantially impacts the project by approving invoices,
creating pay aps, negotiating with outside resources, creating the
schedule, and managing the construction documents.
- Responsible for code reviews on behalf of management, in
conjunction with the AOR.
- Work with EPA, CORE, and Authority of Jurisdiction to manage
issues, in conjunction with the Design Management team.
- Must plan long and short term goals as it relates to the design
of the project.
- Monitor project design activities to assure compliance with
Gray standards and procedures.
- Manage all administrative tasks related to design for the
- Manage all costs related to design activities to ensure
accurate budget control. Has budgetary authority to spend money, as
is seen fit.
- Will be responsible for the day to day management of one –
three technicians and will perform some technical production.
- Other duties may be assigned.
May supervise 1 - 3 team members such as Architectural
Technicians. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance
with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Gray is proud to be an Equal
Opportunity Employer and welcomes everyone to apply. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation,
national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be
discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Keywords: Gray Architects & Engineers PSC, Lexington , Assistant Design Manager, Other , Lexington, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!