Posted on: October 14, 2021
Risk Placement Services, Inc. is one of the nation's largest
specialty wholesale insurance brokerage firms. We work with
top-rated carriers to design robust coverage for our clients. Our
employees are fueled by a culture built around teamwork, creativity
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary focus is to underwrite, manage, and sell products
offered by binding and brokerage carriers with emphasis on writing
- Has Production goals assigned and is measured on new business
- Underwrites individual insurance applications to cover property
and casualty with guidelines set for the issuance of policies on a
standard or substandard basis.
- Determines whether to accept, modify or decline a risk through
evaluation of the property's value, location, usage, and safety
features, and other information pertinent to the decision.
- Has frequent contact with field to gather information on which
to base and defend underwriting decisions.
- Develops relationships with contracted brokers.
- Works under general supervision.
- May orient, train, assign and check the work of lower level
- May be designated as "lead".
- Bachelor's degree and 5 or more years related professional
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows applications and
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Assignments are broad in nature and usually require originality
- Submit an application and resume/CV online to be
- 18 years of age or older.
- Willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of
employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a
- Unrestricted work authorization to work in the U.S. For U.S.
employment opportunities, Risk Placement Services, Inc. hires U.S.
citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary
residents. Temporary residence does not include those with
non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H, or L visas), such as
students in practical training status. Exceptions to these
requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified
candidates with a particular skill. RPS will require proof of work
- Willing to execute RPS' Employee Agreement or Confidentiality
and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things,
post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation,
confidentiality and non-disclosure.
RPS offers competitive salaries and benefits, including:
medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K),
employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement,
employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability
varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift
program, and more.
Risk Placement Services believes that all persons are entitled to
equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor
favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability,
national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship,
veteran status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or
perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected
characteristic. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in
all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but
not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer,
demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In
addition, Risk Placement Services will make reasonable
accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an
otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the
accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of
Keywords: Gallagher, Lexington , Senior Underwriter, Other , Lexington, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!