Personal Banker II $25hr
Company: UNIFY Talent Acquisition
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Overview:UNIFY Financial Credit Union is one of the nation's
largest 100 credit unions with a reputation for being financially
sound and growth-oriented. We're expanding rapidly to meet the
needs of a growing member base. At UNIFY, our team members work
together to strive toward a common goal, "providing superior
service to our members." In doing so, we promote a culture where
your ideas matter, your growth matters, and you matter. We
encourage all team members to challenge and encourage themselves
and their teammates to work smarter and to be more
successfulSummary:The Member Financial Specialist is a key branch
team member that will perform both service and sales
activities.MFS's will identify opportunities and take actions to
expand our memberships, shares and consumer loan growth, through
outbound calling, profiling members and generating internal
referrals. MFS's will also enhance existing relationships with
credit union members in the branch by identifying financial needs
and recommending convenient, efficient, and thoughtful financial
solutions. This role will assist our members with all products,
including Consumer and Real Estate loans, general inquiries,
recommending self-service technologies, and processing standard
credit union transactions such as deposits and check cashing as
needed.Successful candidates should have a working knowledge of
sales and member service practices and procedures in a financial
institution.Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responds to new and existing member inquiries, facilitates
opening of accounts and recommends related Credit Union products
and services based on a financial needs analysis.
- Manage assigned member base and proactively uncover additional
financial needs through referrals and outbound
- Proactively seeks, develops and maintains new business through
outbound calling, internal referrals, interviews with new and
existing members, and service calls to prospective employer groups;
resulting in membership growth, shares, consumer loans.
- Performs functions related to Consumer loans, including
accepting loan applications, application processing and funding,
while following lending policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Performs functions related to Real Estate loans, including
accepting loan applications, application processing and funding,
while following real estate lending policies, procedures and
- Records daily quality conversations with members and creates
new member profiles. Inputs new membership accounts accurately and
efficiently using established Credit Union policies and procedures.
Maintains profiles to meet members' future needs by conducting
financial needs analysis.
- Implements, supports, and monitors product campaigns at
branches. Ensures Branch goals are met, anticipates obstacles, and
strong strategy methods to optimize results.
- Assists in the development of best practices and sales
strategies by participating in training calls, conference calls,
and other in branch meetings. Communicates this information and
educates team members to promote group learning and maximize
- Develops and maintains relationships with our Investment,
Insurance, and Mortgage business partners to maximize referral
opportunities and achieve sales and service standards.
- May conduct informal sales presentations to new and existing
Select Employer Groups and Co-op groups to generate business.
- Processes member transactions e.g. receiving and disbursing
funds, posting deposits, loan payments, withdrawals, cash advances,
and processing mail transactions efficiently and accurately.
- Assists members with complex issues, initiating research,
working with others to resolve and keeping the member
- Balances cash drawer, negotiable instruments, and daily work at
the end of each workday, including encoding and proofing checks for
item processing, according to Credit Union balancing
- Participates in the opening and closing of the branch and may
oversee operations in the absence of the manager.
- Is an advocate and subject matter expert on digital banking
options for members.
- Becomes a Notary Public to service member needs.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.Required Skills:
- Knowledge of features and benefits of Credit Union products and
services in order to solicit, explain, and discuss with members.
This information may be acquired through on-the-job and formal
- Knowledge of sales training programs and ability to execute on
these to fulfill members needs and train members of the sales team.
Information relating to specific Credit Union programs may be
acquired through on-the-job and formal training programs.
- Strong communication skills (written and orally) and effective
interpersonal skills to coach and train co-workers and deliver
- Strong customer/member service skills.
- Ability to analyze member's financial needs and provide related
information and/or data to demonstrate the benefits.
- Work under intensive and competing deadlines.Qualifications:
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of
six months customer service, or sales experience, preferably within
a financial institution.
- Requires effective verbal and written communication skills,
sales skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Requires lending certification or the willingness and aptitude
to gain certification within three months of hire
- Requires Notary Certification or the willingness and aptitude
to gain certification within three months of hireSee the UNIFY
Difference!At UNIFY, we believe that each team member is a valued
contributor. Through a teamwork approach, we strive to provide a
positive and rewarding workplace that helps our team succeed. UNIFY
provides a work environment which promotes learning, growth, and
the opportunity for team members to challenge
themselves.Competitive Compensation and Excellent Benefits Package*
Includes:Medical (PPO/HMO), Prescription, Dental (PPO/DMO), Vision,
Life, and Short- and Long-Term Disability InsuranceDependent and
Medical Care - Flexible Spending AccountsVacation, Sick, Personal
and Holiday Pay401(K) Plan with employer matchEducation
reimbursement for approved programsUNIFY banking privileges for you
and your family
- All programs subject to review and changeUNIFY is proud to be a
drug-free, EOE including disability/vets. For more information on
UNIFY, visit us at www.unifyfcu.com#INDBRA1
Keywords: UNIFY Talent Acquisition, Lexington , Personal Banker II $25hr, Other , Georgetown, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!