Prep Cook, Lexington Airport
Company: Delaware North
Posted on: November 22, 2021
The OpportunityDelaware North Travel and Hospitality is hiring a
Prep Cook to join our team at Lexington Airport in Lexington,
Kentucky.Position pays $13.00-$14.00/hour DOEFull Time Employee
Total Rewards Package: Delaware North believes in a total rewards
package that helps us recruit and retain the best associates in the
industry. We have a comprehensive benefits program designed to give
our associates the comfort, safety and stability they need to serve
our guests each and every day. Below is a listing of many of our
401(k) plan with company
contributionMedicalDentalVisionLife insurance Short-term
disabilityLong-term disabilityShift DifferentialPaid MealsPaid time
off including personal Holidays, Holidays, sick days and
- Prepares food to specifications before and during unit
- Properly measures, portions, and prepares all food items.
Complies with all portion sizes, quality standards, department
rules, policies, and procedures.
- Retrieves from storage areas all items necessary for
- Maintains food, utensils and equipment in a clean and orderly
- Labels, dates and wraps food product, adhering to ServSafe
- Performs opening, closing and side work duties as instructed
and according proper guidelines.
- Follows and upholds all health codes and sanitation
- Follows all safety, security and kitchen procedures.
- Communicates with chef for any special
- Performs other duties as assigned.Qualifications
- Prior food preparation experience preferred, but not
- Ability to read and comprehend prep sheets.
- Ability to use kitchen tools safely (knives and small equipment
- Ability to follow instructions.Physical Requirements
- Frequent standing and/or walking for entire length of
- Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip etc. a
variety of foods and liquids.
- Ability to move rapidly and coordinate multiple orders.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Exposed to variable temperatures, depending on the season; may
work frequently in a hot and/or damp environment.
- May be required to work in confined space.
- Hazards include, but are not limited to cuts from broken glass,
metal cans, slipping and tripping.
- Frequently immerses hands in water.Who We AreAt Delaware North,
you ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day
unfolds. Whether it s in sporting venues, casinos, airports,
national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there s no
telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you
to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability
and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things
happen - share our vision and grow with us.Delaware North
Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants
for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed,
gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran
status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer. Associated topics:
baker, banquet, cocinera de produccion, cutter, grill, restaurant
assistant cook, roasting, salad, station, stove
Keywords: Delaware North, Lexington , Prep Cook, Lexington Airport, Other , Lexington, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!