Downstream & Distillation Processing Operator I
Company: Danimer Scientific
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Downstream Processing (DSP) Operations Technician I
The DSP Operations Technician under general direction of the team
leader and overall direction of management, will be responsible for
the hands-on execution of all activities in the DSP production
area. Ensures that work performed is accurate, timely, efficient
and compliant with company policies, plant SOP's, cGMP regulations,
and FDA regulations. Participates in continuous improvement
initiatives to improve quality, safety and/or cycle time.
Collaborates effectively with other departments to ensure
production goals are met.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Be a Safety leader.
- Be aware of both process and surrounding conditions and react
quickly to any safety concerns.
- Be able to follow directions and work well in a team
- Operate process equipment and utilities including: interacting
with automated controls, opening / closing manual valves, starting
/ stopping pumps, collecting samples, sterilization of
piping/tanks, monitoring process conditions and adjusting as
- Must be able to respond to changing process conditions and
alarms to maintain process stability.
- Work independently and troubleshoot process or equipment
deviations and initiate appropriate action when they occur.
- Add proper levels of chemicals and other additives to processes
as needed based on calculations.
- Monitor and communicate production metrics.
- Read, understand, and comply with Good Manufacturing Practices
(GMP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and Work Instructions
- Accurately maintain proper documentation of process information
per GMP guidelines.
- Monitor batch production records and documentation entries
throughout the process to ensure accuracy and timely closure.
- Review completed production documentation (batch records, log
books, etc.) for quality and GMP compliance.
- Review and update WI's to be submitted to for review and
- Report any process or quality deviations or non-conformances
observed. Operator has the authority to intervene in the event of a
- Maintain a clean work environment / process area and perform
housekeeping duties as assigned per GMP guidelines.
- Perform on job training for new and developing Operators.
- Perform physical tasks while working extended periods in a hot
- Be able work for prolonged periods of time on your feet, using
tools, and perform repetitive actions that entail bending and
- Must be able to climb ladders and lift 50 pounds at a time.
- All other duties as assigned by the Plant Manager.Competencies
- Performance Management.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Results Driven.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Time Management.
- Mechanically Inclined.
- Self-Value and Care
- Learning Orientation.
- Microsoft Suite.Supervisory ResponsibilityThis position has no
Work EnvironmentWhile performing the duties of this job, the
employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles,
moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work
environment and job sites can be loud. Must be able to work in a
high demand non-climate control manufacturing setting.
Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to
stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with
hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb
or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must
frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Must be willing to work a 12-hour
shift, days or nights including weekends, holidays and overtime as
required. (2 days/nights on 2 days/nights off 3 days/nights on 3
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.Preferred
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, or Bio-Tech.
- 4-8 years of experience in a manufacturing environment and/or
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
AAP/EEO StatementDanimer Scientific provides equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements,
Danimer Scientific complies with applicable state and local laws
governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in
which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms
and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring,
placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves
of absence, compensation and training.
Danimer Scientific expressly prohibits any form of workplace
harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper
interference with the ability of Danimer Scientific's employees to
perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice.
Keywords: Danimer Scientific, Lexington , Downstream & Distillation Processing Operator I, Other , Winchester, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!