Public Outreach Specialist
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Public Outreach Specialist
Why Join IEM?
We are a woman owned company in Emergency Management that embraces
teamwork, collaboration, flexible performance, actionable solutions
and integrity/ethics. Our work touches everyone. We produce results
that matter. Results that save lives - join us while we build a
safe, secure and resilient world.
IEMers believe in the greater good and it is our commitment to
attract those who have excellent technical skills, creative minds
and innovative ideas to keep propelling us forward.
Location: Richmond, KY (Onsite all 5 days needed)
IEM is seeking an individual who can multitask, balancing numerous
projects efficiently and effectively, and deliver quality products
and services against strict deadlines. The candidate must possess
exceptional written and visual communication skills. This person
must also have the ability to develop and maintain strong
relationships with clients by cultivating an atmosphere of trust
through actively listening to the client/customer and responding to
- The specialist will provide timely and accurate strategic
communications support as a government contractor to an
organization under the Department of Defense.
- Specifically, this position will perform videography, as well as
assist with photography, social media, news writing, crisis
communications and special events tasks, that promote the client's
mission, goals and objectives for both internal and external
- As part of the videography responsibilities, the specialist will
develop video concepts and schedules, gather footage, identify and
interview subject matter experts, produce video scripts and edit
video using a non-linear video editing software.
- Additionally, the specialist will create social media content to
accompany videos and develop innovative and creative content for
daily postings on social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter
- The specialist will also gather dynamic action-oriented
photographs for use with social media, news articles and
- Additionally, the specialist will support events such as public
meetings, information booths, plant tours, presentations and media
engagements, as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in broadcasting, communications, public
relations or journalism and 1 year of relevant work experience
- Associate's degree plus two years of relevant work experience
- Experience shooting video with professional camcorders
- Experience with non-linear video editing software such as Adobe
Premiere and After Effects
- Experience shooting photographs with DSLR platform
- Experience with photograph editing software such as Adobe
Lightroom and Photoshop
- Demonstrated proficiency of Microsoft Office, including Word,
Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience balancing schedules and meeting deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail with both visual and written
- Excellent storytelling skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of Associated Press Style writing is desired.
- Prior experience with video live streaming platforms, such as
Facebook and YouTube, and experience participating in meetings on
online platforms, such as Zoom or Microsoft Teams, is a plus.
You must be able to produce samples of your work.
Our work environment offers a unique balance of challenging
projects and a high level of responsibility with respect for family
and personal commitments.
Benefits and more:
10 paid holidays
401 (K) plan with matching
Company paid STD and LTD
IEM is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Vets and
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not
discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual
orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin,
physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
employment process, please contact Human Resources and let us know
the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests
for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable
accommodation will be responded to from Human Resources.
Keywords: IEM, Lexington , Public Outreach Specialist, Other , Richmond, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!