Company: Common Spirit
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Saint Joseph East is a 217-bed full-service community hospital
located in the rapidly growing southeastern section of Lexington
Kentucky. We provide care for patients in Fayette and surrounding
counties. At Saint Joseph East ambulatory surgery 24-hour emergency
care and women's health services are supported through a vast array
of inpatient and outpatient program. Additional specialty services
include Heart Care Breast Care Sleep Care and Weight Loss Surgery.
CHI Saint Joseph Health supports 5000 active employees 8 hospitals
specialty clinics and a Medical Group with more than 200 locations
across Central and Eastern KY. CommonSpirit Health was formed by
the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity
Health in 2019. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is
committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who
are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can
happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
The Referral Specialist works with patients requiring a referral,
to ensure patient's referral needs are fulfilled for specialty
service office visits. Processes referrals, authorizations and
pre-certifications for patients, to ensure timely
* Gather, verify, and process referrals, authorizations, and
pre-certifications by working closely with physician(s), patients,
* Communicate detailed information and answers patients' questions
regarding their health care plan; provide answers to billing and
insurance clarification questions.
* Set up appointments, coordinate clinic visits, and any special
arrangements such as transportation, interpreter services,
specialty care, etc.
* Coordinate flow of information between medical clinic and
referral authorization department to secure a valid referral for
* Enter referrals, documents communications and action into the
system, as appropriate.
* Notify physician(s) and patient when referral is denied, or if
additional information is needed.
* Develop and maintain database of referral physician offices
preferred by each physician within the clinic.
* Assist Practice Manager with complaint resolution and solutions
related to patient referrals.
* Perform other duties as assigned by the practice manager or
Education- High school diploma or equivalent
Experience (required and preferred)- 2 years of progressively
responsible related experience in a healthcare environment
Keywords: Common Spirit, Lexington , Referral Specialist, Other , Lexington, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!