Posted on: June 25, 2022
EnerSys is the global leader in stored energy solutions for
industrial applications. We have over thirty manufacturing and
assembly plants worldwide servicing over 10,000 customers in more
than 100 countries. Worldwide headquarters are located in Reading,
PA, USA with regional headquarters in Europe and Asia. We
complement our extensive line of Motive Power and Energy Systems
with a full range of integrated services and systems. With sales
and service locations throughout the world, and over 100 years of
battery experience, EnerSys is the power/full solution for stored
DC power products.We continue to grow in our industry by ensuring
all employees possess the following core competencies: customer
focused, team player, engaged, ethical, strong communication
skills, and works safely.
Motive Power applications include industrial lift trucks and pallet
jacks, rail equipment, mining equipment, and airline ground support
equipment. Some of the motive power brands include Hawker,
Ironclad, General Battery, and Fiamm. Wherever there is a need for
motive power, EnerSys offers the perfect energy solution.
We are now accepting applications for a Material Handler position,
in department 65, group IV-PS. This position is currently for
B-shift. Under general supervision, a Material Handler performs
work of moderate difficulty maintaining manufacturing material
inventories. Verifies purchase receipts, places materials into
stock, and moves materials to staging and production areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilitiesinclude the following. This
list of tasks is illustrative only and is not a comprehensive
listing of all functions and tasks performed by this position.
Persons in this position will perform all other tasks as assigned
and work overtime as required.
- Operate pallet/fork truck in safe manner and perform routine
- Stage motive power orders per bill of materials.
- Properly identify all cell types.
- Properly identify and return all excess parts to cage area with
- Maintain necessary paperwork.
- Perform daily housekeeping, hygiene & cleanliness
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- A high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution is
- A minimum of one year of manufacturing,distribution center, or
related workexperience is required. Related experience would be
working in the construction, mining, mechanic, or maintenance
- At least one (1) full year of forklift experience is
required.PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to
stand; traverse indoor and outdoor areas, sit; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and
arms; traverse stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk
or hear; taste or smell. The employee must be able to traverse to
working areas below and above floor level. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted. Specific
vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust
General Job Requirements
- Must be able to frequently bend; twist; reach; stoop; kneel or
- Must be able to differentiate colors.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds/23 kilos on a daily
continuous basis. Anything heavier will be done with the assistance
of a mechanical device or with the assistance of another
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- This position is exposed to harmful materials such as
lead/fiberglass products. Periodic blood tests are required to
measure the level of lead. Precautions are taken by the
company/employee to reduce the risk of exposure and help ensure
- This position requires working in a plant/warehouse
environment. Therefore, expect varying working conditions.
- Employees are responsible for wearing the required Personal
Protective Equipment in the proper manner at all times.
- Must be able and willing to wear a respirator.
- Must be able and willing to work overtime.
- Must be able and willing to work varying schedules which may
include nights, weekends, and public holidays.
- Must be able and willing to operate a forklift.EnerSys provides
equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
Nearest Major Market: Berea
Nearest Secondary Market: Lexington
Keywords: EnerSys, Lexington , Material Handler, Other , Richmond, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!