Company: Novelis Berea Manufacturing Facility
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Operations Technicians - CM ensure a safe and environmentally sound
operation, and achievement of targets related to quality and
productivity. Incumbents employ Novelis' Cultural Beliefs and
Focused 5 metrics in a manner that contributes to Do it Right, Say
Anything, Own it, Get Focused and Win Together. Operations
Technicians - CM report directly to the Associate Business Unit
Leader - Cold Metal.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Provides support as required to the operation by performing
other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
- Perform quality inspections i.e. moisture samples.
- Transport fines hoppers to Hot Metal/ Remelt area.
- Unload trucks/rail cars of UBC inventory
- Load shred feeders with frontend loader.
- Inspect quality of incoming material
- Maintain feed rate to melters
- Provide Hot Metal/ Remelt with quality inputs.
- Monitor control panels in order to maintain feed rate to Hot
- Account for receipt/shipment of material by truck and by
- Basic maintenance of Cold Metal/ Recycling equipment.
- Able to engage others and foster collaboration
- Possess forklift experience
- Perform lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Be able to work at temperatures 100 degrees in the summer.
- Be able to work rotating shifts, including nights and weekends,
overtime and holidays as scheduled/ required.
- High school Diploma or GED
Novelis' Berea facility is located in Berea Kentucky near
Lexington. With 140 employees the recycling facility processes
approximately 20 percent of all aluminum cans recycled in the
United States each year - more than 750 million pounds. Berea is
best known for its art festivals historic restaurants and buildings
and as the home to Berea College and nearby Eastern Kentucky
University. The recently built Kentucky Artisan Center hosts a wide
variety of works by Kentucky artisans. In 2019 Novelis was named
one of the Best Places to Work in Kentucky by the Kentucky Chamber
of Commerce and the Kentucky Society for Human Resource Management.
The Berea team provides direct donations to more than 20 local
organizations and schools including United Way Sustainable Berea
Madison County Schools Eastern Kentucky University Berea College
and Habitat for Humanity. Novelis recognizes its talented and
diverse workforce as a key competitive advantage. Novelis provides
equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. All
terms and conditions of employment at Novelis including recruiting
hiring placement promotion termination layoffs recalls transfers
leaves of absence compensation and training are without regard to
race color religion age sex national origin disability status
genetics protected veteran status sexual orientation gender
identity or expression or any other characteristic protected by
federal provincial or local laws.
Keywords: Novelis Berea Manufacturing Facility, Lexington , Recycling Operator, Other , Berea, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!