Aircraft Engineer - Powerplant
Company: United Parcel Service
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job Title: -Aircraft Engineer -- PowerplantDepartment: -Aircraft
Engineering - Louisville, KY -Days: -Monday - Friday - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - -Hours: - 8:00am - 5:30pm - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - -Hours per Week: -45 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Job
Description: - - UPS Airlines is one of the largest international
cargo airlines in the world servicing over 800 destinations
worldwide. - We are a Customer First, People Led, Innovation Driven
company. We offer opportunities for both Experienced and Entry
Level Aircraft Engineers. - Candidates will work primarily in an
office environment with opportunities to travel and offer worldwide
engineering support. - Examples include assignments with aircraft
maintenance facilities and other locations as required to support
project activity. - UPS Aircraft Engineers regularly interface with
Boeing, Airbus, various component manufacturers, repair & overhaul
facilities, and other outside agencies.As a Powerplant Engineer for
UPS Airlines, you will develop engineering solutions that support
implementation of safety, reliability and airworthiness policies
and procedures for the UPS Air Fleet. You will be challenged to
develop cost-effective standards and recommendations that meet
company aircraft specifications through coordination and
collaboration with component and aircraft manufacturers while
maintaining compliance with government aviation regulations.You
will have the opportunity to use your engineering skills and
judgment to develop aircraft and component repairs/modifications,
as well as work with manufacturers to improve overall aircraft
reliability as a project manager. The Powerplant Engineer Level 1
position requires experience with aircraft large commercial gas
turbine engines, federal regulations, development of
modifications/repairs, project planning and project management.
-Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: -
- Supporting the UPS Fleets by maintaining airworthiness and
regulatory compliance as required by the FAA.
- For all applicable regulations, you will act as project manager
and obtain funding to accomplish the requirements. You will also
create technical work instructions for accomplishment within
required timelines in order to maintain airworthiness compliance.
This includes addressing applicable Airworthiness Directives as
they are issued.
- Aircraft/engine configuration management.
- Oversight of aircraft/engine/component reliability solutions,
repairs, modifications and engine repair overhaul.
- You will review and analyze aircraft data to determine areas
where aircraft reliability can be improved via aircraft and
component modifications, maintenance procedural changes or other
- This may include project development and implementation, and
any required certification approvals required to meet the
- You will manage, track and implement certification approvals
from beginning to end. This will also require obtaining proper
funding to accomplish assigned projects.
- You will develop solutions to reduce cost. Examples include
alternate repairs, material approvals and technological
improvements. Required Skills: - -
- Bachelor's Degree - Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace
Engineering, or other equivalent engineering degree. -
- Minimum of one (1) year of technical experience. -
- Ability to work different shifts, which can include nights and
weekends when required. -
- Proficiency in technical analysis and working knowledge of
Federal Aviation Regulations or certification requirements.
- Legally Authorized to permanently work in the United States on
a full-time basis. - Preferred Skills: - - -
- Flexibility to travel both domestically and internationally.
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant Certificate is a plus.
- Prior Airline or Maintenance Repair Overhaul Facility (MRO)
Powerplant Engineering experience.
- Five (5) years of Aviation Industry related engineering
experience beyond your school education. Interpersonal Skills: - -
Must have a positive attitude and the ability to work well with
other team members. Must be able to demonstrate clear verbal and
written communication skills. Must have strong mechanical aptitude,
be able to multi-task, and have a hands-on approach to projects. -
- Federal Aviation Administration required Drug Testing Information
(FAA):As part of the UPS pre-employment process for a safety
sensitive position, a drug screen is required. - UPS Must receive a
negative test result before you can be put into a safety sensitive
position (14 CFR Part 120.107)Please be advised that you will be
tested in accordance with 14 CFR Part 120.109(a)(5) and 14 CFR 120
Subpart E to determine the presence of marijuana, cocaine, opiates
(including codeine, heroin-6AM, morphine), opioids-hydrocodone,
hydromorphone, oxycodone & oxymorphone, phencyclidine (PCP), and
amphetamines/methamphetamines (including MDMA, MDA) or metabolites
of these drugs.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on
the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national
origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or
any other characteristic protected by law We welcome those with
experience in jobs such as Software Developer, Computer Technician,
and Computer User Support Specialist and others in the Computers
and Technology to apply.
Keywords: United Parcel Service, Lexington , Aircraft Engineer - Powerplant, Other , Lexington, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!