Posted on: September 23, 2022
Gray is a fully integrated, international service provider deeply
rooted in engineering, design, construction, and smart
manufacturing services. Consistently ranked among the top five
industrial contractors in the U.S., we focus on the following
markets for domestic and international customers: Food & Beverage,
Manufacturing, Automotive, Distribution, Mission Critical, and
Founded in 1960, Gray has grown to encompass a complementary family
of brands designed to augment and enhance each other's specialized
capabilities without gaps or redundancies. Our robust
offering-which includes strategy, operational improvements,
construction, extensive engineering, automation & controls, and
equipment manufacturing-enables us to create one-of-a-kind
solutions at the highest levels of customization, delivering
unmatched precision and partnership to some of the world's most
Responsible for the overall management of one large $200MM + or an
individual project with a high level of complexity or multiple
construction projects. Key responsibilities, as described below
include: Project Administration, Financial Performance, Schedule
Performance, Risk Management, Relationship Management, Team Member
Development, and Collaboration.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. This individual is key
to the overall project success, including; planning, design, and
execution. Has the ability and proven track record as a leader of
multiple projects and large complex projects and has been
instrumental in developing and leading proposal teams.
The responsibilities and requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Facilitates Customer and Team's meetings and ensures that
detailed meeting minutes and actions items registers are updated
and promptly distributed.
- Ensure that all "project start-up meetings" are held when
required and with the appropriate team members.
- Ensures that the project action items are being systematically
tracked and completed to support the project requirements.
- Ensure that project staff completes submittal reviews, status
reports, closeout documents, and maintenance manuals
- Visit project sites regularly.
- The Project Executive is responsible to continually monitor
progress identifying issues early during budget/costs reviews,
developing needed corrective actions to mitigate issues, and to
provide reports to the Responsible Director, Responsible Regional
Manager or Responsible Vice President.
- Operate within budgetary limitations and requirements.
- The Project Manager inherits the role of day to day management
of project financials while the Project Executive is responsible
for developing proposals and execution strategy for the project.
This strategy should be project-specific and evolve over the
proposal phase and finalized early in execution. The plan should
have buy-in from Construction, A/E, MEP Services, and Field Ops and
include a reporting process to update Market Leaders as
appropriate. The Risk Management and Relationship Management plans
will be part of the execution strategy.
- Monitor the purchasing of all required materials, subcontracts,
equipment, and services for project(s) by project staff and other
team members, ensuring optimal savings within safety, quality,
scheduling, training, and profitability requirements.
- Ensure that the project staff is issuing change orders to
subcontractors and customers according to the work
- Ensure that the project staff is completing red files
accurately and in a timely manner, as well as reviewing the red
file and/or job cost reports with the Site Manager on a monthly
- Responsible for oversight of project team in the development
and maintenance of the project master schedule to ensure
conformance to project execution strategy and contractual
- Responsible for collaboration with Field Operations Managers,
A/E Services,and MEP Services to assess the project schedule
progress, identifying potential issues, and assisting the project
team in the development of corrective measures as needed.
- Ensure that any delays on the project are appropriately
documented and communicated to all pertinent parties; includes
producing timely notices and development of documentation to
justify extensions to the schedule, and/or taking the development
of documentation to justify extensions to the schedule, and/or
taking appropriate measures to adhere to or modify the
- Ensure that all contractual terms and conditions in both owner
contracts and subcontracts are understood by all parties. Must be
able to render decisions and/or take appropriate action(s) based on
the contractual obligations of all parties.
- Ensure that goals for safety, quality, scheduling, training,
and profitability are met for specific project or projects. This
includes the promotion and implementation of the safety and quality
- Responsible for developing the project risk management plan and
assigning responsibilities for monitoring and reporting progress.
Plans should address both internal and external risks. Risk
management planning should be incorporated into the Project
- Assess the effectiveness of plans and in collaboration with the
Field Operations Manager, A/E Services, and MEP Services to develop
changes to the plan and/or corrective action steps to be
implemented by the team.
- Provide oversight, identifying potential issues & assist
project teams in the development of corrective measures for risk
mitigation. In addition, responsible in monitoring the corrective
measure until risk is mitigated.
- Demonstrate and communicate a consistent and clear approach to
- Perform as primary customer contact and account manager. By
definition, this relationship shall reside beyond that of the
Project Manager and/or Senior Project Manager so that if issues are
elevated above that of these individuals the Project Executive is a
transitional stop prior to escalating to the Director.
- Develop relationship management plans and assign responsibility
within the team and for reporting progress. Plans should address
relationships with customer, subcontractors, and consultants. A
project communication plan should be included outlining lines of
communication for the project team, customer, subcontractors, and
consultants. The Project Executive shall coordinate with A/E
Services regarding consultants. Relationship management planning
should be incorporated into the Project Execution plan.
- Assess the effectiveness of plans, and in collaboration with
the Field Operations Manager, A/E Services and MEP Services develop
changes to the plan and/or corrective action steps to be
implemented by the team.
- Exuberate leadership qualities and awareness of Gray Core
Values inside and outside of project team. Extend consideration,
courtesy, and respect to project staff, subcontractors, suppliers,
- In the absence or termination of subordinates or other project
staff, ensure continuity of workflow.
TEAM MEMBER DEVELOPMENT
- Ensure that the project staff support and abide by the
company's vision, core values, and mission statement.
- In coordination with the Field Operations Manager, A/E
Services, and MEP Services monitor project team cohesiveness and
develop action plans to correct issues associated with project
- Responsible for mentoring and training Sr. Project Managers and
Project Managers and ensuring adequate training is available and
provided to Assistant Project Managers and Project Engineers.
- Ensure that project staff and other team members maintain a
cooperative and willing work environment with the engineering and
design staff as well as the construction site staff.
- Responsible for communicating regularly with other Project
Executives and Responsible Director, Responsible Regional Manager
or Responsible Vice President in carrying out responsibilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university; or a
minimum of ten years related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have a minimum of seven consecutive years total profit and
loss accountability on multiple projects.
- Must have a minimum of five years of experience managing all
disciplines of design/build projects or hard bid projects as
required for the market this position serves.
- Must have experience in all contracting methods such as lump
sum, GMP, cost plus construction management, and fee-based
construction. Must understand legal aspects and implications of
- Must have a proven record in increasing project profitability
from the initial project profit margin on multiple
- Must be sufficiently knowledgeable in technical aspects of
engineering and design disciplines to represent Gray as the
"primary point of contact" in initial project discussions with
customers. Must be thoroughly knowledgeable of costs and fees
associated with the variety of engineering and design disciplines
and services Gray offers.
- Must be thoroughly knowledgeable of the impact caused by
multiple changes in either the design, engineering, or construction
phases and how they impact the overall project, from the cost,
schedule, construction management, and construction operations
perspectives. Must be knowledgeable of when and how to address
these issues with customers.
- Must have managed a minimum of one projects in which all
process or production equipment procurement or installation or both
was within the scope of project services; or, must have managed all
components of comparables to process projects for other specific
industry types of projects, including, but not limited to, mission
critical, large distribution and manufacturing, support utilities,
equipment procurement, and installation, and manufacturing
equipment and support utility installation. The total value of this
component of work shall have exceeded two million dollars for each
project. Should also have experience and knowledge of costs
associated with discrete equipment components and systems and
installation procedures in order to prepare estimates and
- Must be able to mentor and/or train other project staff, such
as senior project managers, project managers, assistant project
managers(s) or other team members.
- Must have proven experience in the development of aggressive
schedules for projects with variables such as project type(s),
areas, and seasonal start dates.
- Must have proven experience in preparing cost estimates for
design/build projects in the industrial arena.
- Must be able to develop and maintain harmonious relationships
with owners, co-workers, vendors, suppliers, and community
Gray is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes
everyone to apply. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
Keywords: Gray, Lexington , Project Executive, Other , Lexington, Kentucky
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!